Gibson Brands Forums

HBD and NGD

rct

So Mrs and I come down here to Hard Rock at Universal for my 55th. Haven't been here since it opened, so it was nice to come here and spend a week and ride rides and such. And Hard Rock lends you a Fender and a Mustang floorboard and some headphones, brings 'em right to yer room! Cool. I got an Olympic White US Strat hum hum.

But then on Saturday, my birthday, we went out to Georges and I looked at a few but didn't see anything I had to have. So we headed out to Sam Ash.

A long great story short, my birthday present, EJRW, Tropical Turquoise, just like this one. It is sincerely the most luxurious guitar I've ever owned. I've been lusting after one for years, I could not not buy this thing. This is not mine, but same thing, case and all:

eric-johnson-stratocaster-tropical-turquoise-12.jpg

Dinner at one of Emerils places and it was a pretty great day!

rct

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!

A few more days of riding rides and giggling and we'll go home and I'll clean it and string it and wring it out and put up some pictures and details if anyone is interested in one of these. Go get it if you want one and can find one, it seems they aren't making them anymore.

rct

HNGD, rct!

First time I was even aware you could get a bound neck Strat was after seeing Mr. Cooder's example on the rear cover of his 'Showtime' LP back in the late '70s. We never saw them 'here' in Scotland, of course...

V. Classy!

...I'll clean it and string it and wring it out and put up some pictures and details if anyone is interested in one of these...

Yes to everything but, please, could you let someone else take the snaps?...

P.

eric-johnson-stratocaster-tropical-turquoise-12.jpg

rct

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RCT!!!! [thumbup]

That guitar is so gorgeous I had to post it up here again. What a wonderful B'day and a guitar to die for to go with it. Wishing you many years & many birthdays enjoying that beautiful Fender. :o

Archived