Gibson Brands Forums

Another old flame found me

ksdaddy

I told the story how the Fender D'Aquisto archtop chased me down and forced me to adopt 26 years after we first met.

Here we go again.

This guitar was offered to me in 2003 by the guy who built it. It was all through emails and for whatever reason, it didn't happen. Part of it was that at THAT time I could have bought my choice of vintage L-7s for not much more than his asking price. Now this guitar is being offered to me at about a third of what the typical asking price of an old L-7.

We are in the final negotiation stages and I hope to report NGD within hours.

s3pqad.jpg

She's pretty, but her bridge looks like a seven-toed foot!

I see what you mean (though its the tailpiece). I like it. It looks very like my Hofner J-17.

I have learned to make a little pencil mark where the bridge goes when changing strings. When I tried it out in the shop it was sharp above the 12th fret. Yes they put the bridge too far forward!

Which one...lol.

I did buy a 'project' 1959 ES-125T that was horribly refinished. I put a bridge and tailpiece on it and a set of 12 flats and the thing is astounding! It's really a rough horrible looking relic with 9 tons of potential but I may peddle it on ebay to help pay for the Grimm.

There was another guy with a bashed in Hummingbird and we agreed on a price and we were just about to close the deal when someone walked into his house and offered him $50 more. Maybe it was $100, I don't know.

I told the story how the Fender D'Aquisto archtop chased me down and forced me to adopt 26 years after we first met.

Here we go again.

This guitar was offered to me in 2003 by the guy who built it. It was all through emails and for whatever reason, it didn't happen. Part of it was that at THAT time I could have bought my choice of vintage L-7s for not much more than his asking price. Now this guitar is being offered to me at about a third of what the typical asking price of an old L-7.

We are in the final negotiation stages and I hope to report NGD within hours.

s3pqad.jpg

Stunningly beautiful guitar Sir! And you stole it at that price! Congrats & enjoy [thumbup]

Archived