Gibson Brands Forums

My first.........Burst!!!

Yesterday it finally arrived!msp_biggrin.gif

14 Les Paul Traditional Tobacco Sunburst.

I'm amazed with everything. Feel, tone, looks it's perfect. Little buzzing but I guess I have to adjust the truss rod a bit.

The shop told me that it was never in showcase. The only negative thing I saw on it is the fretboard.

When my fingers arrived on the eleventh fret,

a Nomad on a camel offered me to bring me to the seventeenth, DRY like the sahara it was.

Guess it was too long in the case with the bag of silica gel.

I love the 59 Tribute PU's, I thought that the 57's can't be beaten but those could be my new #1 Pickup's.

But now it's still honeymoon time so it's to soon to tell.

Wow, it's been a long quest until I found it on a page of an athorized dealer here in Spain.

I was looking for a 14 LP Signature in VS or HB. My plan was to buy it and test it afor some time.

Wasn't sure about many of the thing's they come with.

They sadly have the whole package of gizmos, Min-ETune, mini toggle and coil split.

And I thought that only the last one could be useful to me, but I read a lot of coment's about coil splitting sounds not really like a single coil.

So like I said I would have bought it and if I didn't liked that stuff I would have bought some CTS pots, Luxe BB's, Kluson Tuners and transform it to something acceptable.

But then I saw it and it had even my favorite burst. Compared prices and to my surprise some of the Signatures where more expansive, depending on what finish. I guess it would have been fun to work on one of those guitars but the 14 Trad is perfect out of the box.

And the price was 25% reduced. msp_thumbup.gif

Well I said perfect but I already changed the knobs and the tip of the PU selector switch, can't be seen on those horrible pics but amber matches the edges of the burst much better.

There was a thing that got me worried though. Mail-order a guitar without trying and from a store I didn't know. But I first investigated the store, good thing about it was that I found the shop on the Gibson homepage looking for dealers. And then as incredible it may sound I didn't find one single negative comment about that shop. And we all know how many trolls and haters crawl around the web.

Ok, I shut up now, here it is.

DSC_0362_zpscnrofxdw.jpg

DSC_0360_zpsb6i2xuc4.jpg

Better pics will come soon.

Oh did I mention that it has nibs? Yup true tonenibs makes the sound more.....well nibby I guess.msp_flapper.gif

That is a beauty. Easily the best bookmatched that I've seen in a long time. Do not let that one get away. It would be a very easy guitar to sell with that top. If it sounds half as great as it looks You have a FOREVER Keeper!

Thank you all guy's!

That thing is awesome, can't wait to get home.

I'm a lucky bastard.

@Bence, yes sir brown case! Makes it even better. that guitar deserves the pimp-case.

@Dave, nope not from Bosco. As far as I know the only authorized dealer in Valencia is Union Musical Nuevo Centro. But it would have been expensive to buy from them. Normally they ask 300 to 500 euros more than most of the other shops.

I bought this one from Intermusic Pro in San Sebastian.

They still have one in Manhattan Midnight if someone is interested.

http://www.intermusic-pro.com/producto/gibson-les-paul-traditional-mm-2014/4722

@Rabs, LOL, yeah those new guitars can only come into my house just for visiting. If they wan't to stay they better come with normal necks.

@ayay, this one stays don't worry! And the top was a really nice surprise, hated to mailorder it without seeing but I had tons of luck.

Great guitar. Congratz. [thumbup]

Now for the ever important question..... leave the pick guard on, or take it off???? :-k[tongue]

Thanks!

Trying to start the pickguard wars again? LOL!msp_lol.gif

No, seriously, I don't know it yet.

Now I have two Lesters one with and the other without. Something in me tell me to take it of.

But on the other hand, it protects and and looks kind of elegant and well, traditional I guess.eusa_think.gif

This weekend I will take time to set it up, change string etc. Maybe I'll take it of just to see.

Thanks!

Trying to start the pickguard wars again? LOL!msp_lol.gif

No, seriously, I don't know it yet.

Now I have two Lesters one with and the other without. Something in me tell me to take it of.

But on the other hand, it protects and and looks kind of elegant and well, traditional I guess.eusa_think.gif

This weekend I will take time to set it up, change string etc. Maybe I'll take it of just to see.

Seriously. I'm not trying to run it into the ground. But, although I'm am usually a "pick guard off" type of guy, on yours I kinda like it on. It really doesn't cover much of the burst.

Hi Mr. C. O. Jones, Congrats, oh boy that is one beauty you got yourself, stunning top and finish. I was doing so well controlling my GAS. [drool]

kind regards, Emma :)

Hey there, thank you Emma!

I hope can borrow a cam for this weekend and make some decent shots of that top.

If I could have a custom ordered one I would have chosen exactly that amount of flame.

But what I really dig are the 59's in it. Huge difference to the 57/Angus Sig. I have in my LPJ.

Tomorrow is set up day, little turn on the truss rod, pickup height, adjusting the tailpiece a bit,

oil the dry fretboard and new strings of course.

And this place is like a liquor store for an alcoholic, can't get rid of GAS.

I'm really not a Fender guy at all, love their sound but always thought Gibson's look better.

But now......I don't know, I really start to dig them too.

Greetz

Hey there, thank you Emma!

I hope can borrow a cam for this weekend and make some decent shots of that top.

If I could have a custom ordered one I would have chosen exactly that amount of flame.

But what I really dig are the 59's in it. Huge difference to the 57/Angus Sig. I have in my LPJ.

Tomorrow is set up day, little turn on the truss rod, pickup height, adjusting the tailpiece a bit,

oil the dry fretboard and new strings of course.

And this place is like a liquor store for an alcoholic, can't get rid of GAS.

I'm really not a Fender guy at all, love their sound but always thought Gibson's look better.

But now......I don't know, I really start to dig them too.

Greetz

I'm looking forward to photos of the top. I've heard good things about the 59's. I'm glad you said about the huge difference with the Angus Young sig/57, the GAS is bad at the moment and these 59 pups in a Les Paul are just the cure I need and I can put my case forward to my family for the Les Paul (I'll try and use any excuse I can to get that guitar, hehe)

Must be something in the air, I've got GAS for a Fender Strat (this could be an expensive year)

kind regards and happy playing, Emma :)

Archived