Gibson Brands Forums

Climate change is real

surfpup

Guess it's not real since a Northern team put them on ice. I have to root for the hometown kid. Kane was born and raised here.

The one that got me upset was the whole "no goal" with Dallas and the Sabres. I was living in College Station, TX at the time. When Dallas won I told my wife that I needed to get a drink (she was shocked because I don't drink). I went to the bar, and to my surprise they didn't have ANY hockey stuff on the TVs. Nobody in that bar knew that Dallas had just won the Stanley Cup! Arrghhh!!!

Another one was the Carolina/Sabres semi-finals. The Carolina owner didn't want to open tickets to outsiders but eventually did because the games were not sold out. Buffalo fans grabbed them up and made road trips down there. Most seats for the Sabres are season tickets. Detroit may be Hockey Town, but we are the Hockey Universe. I'll give Toronto Hockey Heaven.

Another one was the Carolina/Sabres semi-finals. The Carolina owner didn't want to open tickets to outsiders but eventually did because the games were not sold out. Buffalo fans grabbed them up and made road trips down there. Most seats for the Sabres are season tickets. Detroit may be Hockey Town, but we are the Hockey Universe. I'll give Toronto Hockey Heaven.

The lightning front office said leading up to this series that Blackhawks sweaters were not allowed in certain sections of the arena and only people living in the state of florida were allowed to buy tickets. I watched the game and there seemed to be a lot of Chicago fans there! Chicago is the new Detroit...not just because of our dire financial outlook and tremendous debt and pension liabilities...but we are the new hockey town.

The lightning front office said leading up to this series that Blackhawks sweaters were not allowed in certain sections of the arena and only people living in the state of florida were allowed to buy tickets. I watched the game and there seemed to be a lot of Chicago fans there! Chicago is the new Detroit...not just because of our dire financial outlook and tremendous debt and pension liabilities...but we are the new hockey town.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Nicklas Lidstrom has won as many cups as a Red Wing as the Blackhawks have won as a team. When the UC's rafters are filled with retired numbers like The Joe is then you can talk (you might get there if Toews (you're own #19; how cute!) and Kane stay with the team). Even with this said, I am glad that my adopted home is back on the hockey map. When I moved here in the late nineties there was no one at Hawks games and they weren't on tv. All of the lifelong Chicago residences I met would tell me how the Blackhawks were number one before the 1984 Bears.

Hate to disagree but Buffalo is the real hockey town. Even though our team came in last place, we are the No. 1 market for hockey ratings. See it here. Kids are born with skates here! [biggrin]

Archived