Gibson Brands Forums

Noodling On My 2014 Les Paul Classic

jaygl

Just a noodling video to showcase my Marshall JCM 800 amp. Love how this LP Classic bites and growls. 2014 was a good year for Gibson indeed! Who else is playing a Les Paul through a Marshall JCM 800?

Nice, cool video.

I dont own a Marshall...yet.

But my 14 Traditional is a hell of a guitar. Now I understand why that many people say that 2014 was a good year for Gibson. And your Classic is another perfect example of it.

Keep rock'n'noodling dude!

ya man!

Gotta dig anything that has the words Marshall and Les Paul in the same sentance!

I have a mid 90s JTM622 (60 watt 2x12 EL34) I pair it with a JTM2x12 ext. cab. I love that amp! These weren't big sellers at the time as Marshall tried to change the looks / cosmetics of the JTM series, so it turned appearance may have been a put off to some, I thought they looked great. looks aside, the sound/tone is certainly all there.

here's a photo I pulled off the innernet,, Mine is identical

marshall-jtm622-1995-1997-249215_zps7z5yczgt.jpg

the jtm622 has four 12ax7s

the crunch / gain is all Marshall, these also have a very good sounding clean channels.

And with the extension cab being closed back, it helps to add a of the bottom end that's lost to the opened back combo cab.

there's a bunch of tunes my originals band did loaded up on sound cloud, all done with that Marshall.

For a good crunch example... this:

Archived