Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul standard faded

barberpool

Hey, I just bought a 2001 Les Paul faded Standard. I haven't even received it yet. I searched EBay for a while before buying one. I ended up at Sam Ash used section. I found a 2001 that they say is a 9 out of 10 with a perfect case. They wanted $1,599 for it but after a little negotiation, I was able to get it form$1,399 plus $45 for shipping. I don't think I ever saw one on EBay for that price. I did the same thing with my Taylor 714 ce. I searched EBay forever, got out bid a number of times at the last second. I paid $1,600 at Guitar Center for an absolutely beautiful maybe even un-played Taylor. I would check Sam Ash, I think there was a Gold Top for a couple hundred more. Good luck.

buy one used and only pay $700, all day long.

Hey Kuma, I think they're actually talking about the Les Paul Standards that were done with a faded flame top (no gloss basically). Full on LP Standard without the gloss finish. What I've seen of these are some really beautiful tops and typically they go for just a few Jackson's less than a comprable Les Paul Standard.

For those of you that have them, please post your pics. I would like to get one of these someday. I'm not sure what colors they were offered in.

Most Les Paul Standard Fades series I've seen offered used usually command a pretty high price. Around $2000 + or -. Zebra coil Burstbucker Pro pickups. Hand rubbed bursted top with a satin finish all around. Add pickup covers and a gloss finish and you're pretty much in LP Standard territory. I prefer a gloss finish but can't find any fault with the Faded. The honey burst tops look pretty cool on them.

Archived