Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Limited Edition 1930's L-00 Classic Ebony

BluesKing777

I put the link to this vid because Matt tells more details about the guitar and in particular the neck spec.

He says the nut is the standard Gibson modern nut 1.725, wheras Tony from MV claimed theirs was the whisker narrower 1 11/16"......

I personally would be happier with 1.725 like the Blues King.....but I would have assumed it would be 1 3/4" like the originals?

Luckily, I dont have room for an extra fingerpick, let alone a......another Blues King in black finish!

I could get one of these little sheds out the back - more room for.......:

http://www.netlog.com.tr/images/galeri/netlog-lojistik/large/10.jpg

BluesKing777.

Almost there.... they still put the pickguard over the rosette... and it doesn't have a cut through bridge.

They got those correct on the L-00TV

Sigh....

My recently purchased 1932 L00 RI has the through saddle and the pick guard is perfectly positioned.

My recently purchased 1932 L00 RI has the through saddle and the pick guard is perfectly positioned.

I am not saying that wool is being pulled over my eyes.....

But when I first saw the other thread, I got the 'impression' that the black Blues King was like Dave's 1932 L-00 RI, which is a very different kettle!

BluesKing777.

Almost there.... they still put the pickguard over the rosette... and it doesn't have a cut through bridge.

They got those correct on the L-00TV

Sigh....

So my question is why did the Gibson luthiers decide to partially cover the rosette with the pick guard? it obviously was done intentionally, my guess is it has something to do with the unsprayed area under the guard & they are simply masking it. Also they decided to not go with the long tapered saddle, maybe they were just cutting cost / time on this decision? Either way it wasn't because they haven't done it in the recent past, as stated earlier they did it on the L-00 TV & the Legend. If Gibson moderators have knowledge regarding this it would be nice to know.

Archived