Gibson Brands Forums

Here Ya Go....

Murph

Incredible talent in that group. Sara Watkins is also a good fiddle player. Sean Watkins and Chris Thiele both have really good bluegrass voices, and Chris may literally be the best mandolin player in the world right now, playing everything from Bach to bluegrass.

Sean's old J-45 (about 1950) is giving Willie's Trigger a run for the money. The hole in the top just gets bigger and bigger.

Hard to believe how young they are, given how long they've been together. They were practically children when they started out.

Chris may literally be the best mandolin player in the world right now, playing everything from Bach to bluegrass.

Indeed.

I got him to sign my 1933 A-00 a few years ago.

100_0598.jpg

Sean's old J-45 (about 1950) is giving Willie's Trigger a run for the money. The hole in the top just gets bigger and bigger.

1952 I believe. Read that somewhere - don't know where. Would love to trip across a decent early 50s J-45 at a yard sale for $50 someday.

^

That would be nice. My neighbor has an early 50ies J-45. I've been trying to get him to let go of it for the past 30

years. No dice. I get to play it every so often and it sure sounds good even from behind it.

steve

1952 I believe. Read that somewhere - don't know where.

I saws him and Sara a few years back and he had it. I'd love to know some history of it and how long he's owned it. He's a great player for sure.

Archived