Gibson Brands Forums

My Son Has a Gig (show is done - vids link incl.)

SilverLesterStd

Reese is pumped! He has a gig this coming Wednesday playing for his 3rd grade class. He lined it up himself. He asked his mother to write a note to his teacher asking if and when he could play. I can hardly wait, myself. This is the first one of these he's done since last year.

Please wish him well. I'll let him read the thread.

DadReeseburst-1.jpg

Thanks,

SilverLesterStd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim - Maybe, but probably not. The pic is from this past summer. His mom did ask him which guitar he wanted to use, his or dad's. He said he didn't know. I told him he aught to use his since he practiced on it all the time and it sounds good. He said OK. However, while he was practicing last night, his VM kept getting out of tune. Reese said, "I might HAVE to use yours Dad, since mine won't stay in tune."

Of course I restrung the VM last night for him. I tried it out and it stays in tune much better. I'll let him play it today and see what he thinks. I wasn't thinking he'd wear out the strings yet, but I guess it has been two or three months since the last stringing. If there is anymore trouble with it, I'll have it setup.

Thanks for the "good luck."

James - Either me or my better half will be on video duty. I'll definitely let him see your post that he's to rock on. He won't argue with you. Thanks.

You guys think I should ask the school about uploading the vid to youtube? I guess I could just keep the camera on just him, but it wouldn't be quite as good.

SilverLesterStd

Good luck, Reese. My daughter is 9, played and sang "Silent Night" by herself for the Christmas program at her school on her new Fireburst Studio Les Paul. She was kinda nervous.....

Break a leg dude.

Murph.

Reese' date=' don't mind Dem00n. It's because of that kind of behavior that he is no good with the girls.

You will get those girls breathless, shocked and dying tomeet you, boy.

Go on and make the guys here proud and envy =)[/quote']

And then when you get to college, switch to acoustic...

Reese' date=' don't mind Dem00n. It's because of that kind of behavior that he is no good with the girls.

You will get those girls breathless, shocked and dying tomeet you, boy.

Go on and make the guys here proud and envy =)[/quote']

Hes in 3rd grade they dont even talk to girls.

Thank you so much everyone! You really made Reese's day! :) :) =D> =D> He is very encouraged by your comments. Reese is practicing every day now.

Guitar slinger - He and his mom are yammering back and forth about which songs to take out & which to leave in. It looks like he's playing his old "School of Rock" medley coupled with much of his Drivin' n Cryin' medley and some Rush thrown in for good measure. When playing for classmates he usually abreviates the songs so as to keep the kids attention. After he finishes his set he'll take requests. I shant forget the video.

Bluemoon & BIGBENDS - Thanks for the gear wishings. Maybe the Axe Fairy will visit him soon. *sound of breath being held*

GuitarJunkie & Stef - Thank you. Will RJD it and lap it up! Each may scare the teachers here in Georgia.

littlekenny & zippy - He's definately planning to tear it up. Thanks.

dem00n - Life isn't so bad. Practice harder = play better. If you play a good song & play it well, they will come.

guitarest- Haha, I know whacha mean. My first gig was at 19.

RichCI, AXE & Cruznolfart - Thanks for the confidence and well wishing. Mom & Dad's buttons stay in disrepair.

Murph - I appreciate the well wishing. I know you were swollen with pride to hear her play AND sing. That's the next step with Reese. He seems to learn the music way faster than the words. He is starting to sing now. I always had to practice extra hard when I had to sing & play. It was kinda like playing a videogame and football at the same time.

Guitarooster52 & retrosurfer1959 - Thank you too for the good luck & confidence. He enjoys these things for days or weeks afterwards.

LM-LP - I bet you played great. That's gotta be a fond memory. Last year his popularity did increase after he played for his new classmates.

Bluemoon - LOL. You are correct. A box guitar can improve the status with the learned women.

Sorry for the format of this post, but I wanted to thank ALL of you. I really do appreciate your words for my boy. I'm saying this in a straight way without making eye contact. How about those Steelers & Cardinals?

SilverLesterStd

Archived