Gibson Brands Forums

My Son Has a Gig (show is done - vids link incl.)

SilverLesterStd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

solacematt - Thanks for the good words.

Bluemoon - I will. I also know I can't count my chickens before they hatch. The road to guitar heaven is littered with wrecks. There are too many stories of people whose talent went to their head, drug abuse claimed their talent, wild lifestyle lead to an early case of death, lost interest because parents pushed them too much, etc..

If I do my job correctly as a Dad, my boy will have you back stage IF he makes it big, and treat you like a human being. Also, you are right. We will still be arguing the benefits and cons of chambered vs. non-chambered LPs 10 years hence and and further.

SilverLesterStd

Jimmy Page - Wow! I've always wanted to meet you. Your my favorite guitarist. And you're from, from ... Florida? Thanks man. Rock on with your bad self Mr. Page.

Zepfreik - Thanks and yes, some Zep definitely must be played. smiley_headbang.gif

Guitar slinger - LOL! Thank you for the compliments. However, Jimmy Page (who lives in Florida) can still dust off anybody that I know. Also, if Reese is like Donny Trump, he's holding back his wad of change on us. Who knows as long as he keeps enjoying the rocking.

guitarest -

Ya gotta give us the lowdown after the show..... Whats he playing etc... PICS.... Geez which my kids picked up the guitar like that; its a great feeling when your children do well. My son when he graduated Marine's Basic (sniff sniff) and my daughter getting Honor Grad at HS and getting a Scholarship to USM and now being inducted to the Honor Society there (sniff, sniff, and finally another sniff....)

(...sniff, sniff) *dabbing eyes with a polishing cloth, ouch!* I'll certainly give you the (oxbloodesk) "Blow By Blow." We never know which avenue each kid'll take, do we? I secretly wished I'd have a kid who'd carry the family torch, that the family didn't carry, in athletics. I never dreamed that my boy would take to music in such a way. I wanted to name him Stevie Ray when he was born, but the boss quickly nixed it.

I know that you are extremely proud of those two. Wow! And she's high up with the Golden Eagles. Good job kids and guitarest! =D> =D> =D>

Funny but stern eyeglasses looking symbol person - A dude brought an acoustic to the pool? And... Is there a punchline? #-o

good luck reese.

i got a gig too playing in front of my house at school (about 80 people)

playing paranoid by balck sabbath and incorparating iron man main riff. (not that impressive i know but still happy)

race you to see who becomes a rockstar first!!

guitarbob123 - Thanks! That's going to be fun. 80 people is nothing to sneeze at, unless you're used to playing infront of large groups. Reese is yet to play for that many. You win! #-o Rock out dude!

Reese did have an offer yesterday though. We were in the GC in Chattanooga yesterday and this appx. 20 yr. old guy complimented him on his playing and said that Reese played better than him. I told the fellow that we were trying to find some bandmates so as to start a band. He said, "Shoot, I'll take you in the band that I'm starting." We live a little over an hour away, so we were all dissapointed. It was nice to get an offer though.

joelettinger - Thanks for the support!

weeladdie - Thank you for the encouragement! I'm sure Reese won't forget the wee people (of NY?) laddie. :-s

Crabby - Thanks for the well wishing.

guitarest - The show is not until Wednesday afternoon.

phil325 - Haha the video could be comical since I havent done many videos before. One (either cool or scary) aspect is that it will probably be the complete show since I am yet to learn how to edit video. :- I hope I do a good job.

Rock642 - Yes, we are all excited. Reese is the most ready one of us.

Reese played for the 3rd grade at his school yesterday. We thought it would be for just his class, but it turned out it was for all the 3rd grade. Reese said that four classes were in attendance. I guess there were 70 to 80 kids, 6 teachers, and my wife & me.

He played his LP Studio VM played through his G-DEC. Let me know what you think. Please excuse the rookie camera man. Here is the link to youtube. The vids are titled "Reese Rocks 3rd Grade 1-4."

Archived