Gibson Brands Forums

My Son Has a Gig (show is done - vids link incl.)

SilverLesterStd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fiight959 - Thank you for the nice words.. O:)

cookieman15061 - Thanks. Now you're talking. I wanna live on a Rock & Golf resort.

zippy - We appreciate the good words. You keep rocking as well.

Guitar slinger - Thanks again! Yea that kid with the RJD fingers was really cool. I thought he was going to ask for Jonas Brothers. :P

I think Part 4 is my favorite vid with "How Many More Times" being my favorite partial song. Part 2 is really cool too with "Pipeline" by The Ventures. I never hardly hear Reese play those tunes at home very often. Maybe that's why I like them more.

Wild_Rose - Thank you much. We're glad you liked the vid. I'm amazed too.

FedWayJohn - I appreciate the good comments. He's just kept improving since four, so we keep providing CDs, guitars, amps, trips to the music store, concerts, etc..

damn I wish I sounded that good at 8, at 8 years old I didn't care about anything but fishing and swimming. He is going to be a terror when he gets to his teens, no doubt about it. I'd take him over my rhy gtr player any day of the week. So young, so fresh and no bad habits...

You have to be a hell of a proud father; I know I would be.

Great Show...

guitarest - Thank you for the nice comments.

I know what you mean. I wish I sounded that good at 19. I'd probably still be playing in a band. You sound like me with the fishing & swimming. I couldn't think of anything better than going fishing with my grandmother. I was also a sad puppy in the summer if it rained during the w/e and I couldn't go swimming. He's a terror now! LOL He got his good jeans soaked with mud this afternoon.

A proud father? Me? You're Damn Right! And I know you are as well, guitarest.

hellion102792 - Thank you a bunch for the good words. We're really glad you enjoyed the "show."

saturn - I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. My wife and I really had a good time.

surfpup - Thanks. We really get a charge out of hearing what he comes up with.

Californiaman - Thank you for the nice things you said about my boy. I just hope Reese keeps enjoying the music. If that's the case, he could possibly have a career in music. You never know, other interests will crowd in as he gets older. I am cautiously optimistic though.

Hi Zepfreik - It's always good to please a fellow Zep fan. You were actually the inspiration for putting "How Many More Times" and "Immigrant Song" into one of the medleys (Part 3 Video). When you asked if Reese was including any Led Zeppelin, we checked and couldn't believe the oversight. Reese and I are huge Zep fans.

Also, yes the kid in the blue shirt (Zak?) did request "Rock You Like A Hurricane." I had heard Reese run through the riff before, but never the lead. If you listen closely, you can hear Rease play the riff a little different each time, searching for the exact riff. The last couple of times were getting pretty close. He started the lead well, then it started going somewhere he didn't want it to go. He recovered right back into riffage. I was very proud of how Reese approached the tune.

FallenRoses - Thanks! thmetal-smiley.gif Nice axe, is that your LP Classic? Got any more pics?

buddy light - I'm glad you liked the videos. The T-shirt is nice in theory. LOL If he becomes an adult rock star, it can work in practice. Reese did have a boatload of fun yesterday.

SilverLesterStd

Archived