Gibson Brands Forums

I'm really digging these Dusenbergs...

Blueblooded

Yes there were Deusenberg cars as well.

I remember now, i saw one on Pawn Stars, i believe they were like a Rolls Royce back in the day. It was obvious that driving one made a statement, those gits are not cheap either, like 3 grand each.

While I'm really happy with my current gear, It seems I'm always looking. Sound familiar?

Check this gem out! The dude has some chops too! Anybody have a Dusenberg?

No, but watched my son play one (StarPlayer) at a local store and it would have been a keeper had he the money. Single coil in neck, bucker in bridge, semi hollow...well made, sounded great. I've been looking for a lefty ever since...but they're rare and pricey...like Gibsons (around $2500). I don't care for the simplicity of the dot inlays....anything but dots would improve an already good look.

I remember now, i saw one on Pawn Stars, i believe they were like a Rolls Royce back in the day. It was obvious that driving one made a statement, those gits are not cheap either, like 3 grand each.

Deusenberg cars were top of the line , Rolls Royce was like a VW compared to them in USA

4H

Deusenberg cars were top of the line , Rolls Royce was like a VW compared to them in USA

4H

That axe was A " Dusey "..Yes and the Dusenbergs were the star car back in the day...Hence the term " What a Dusey "

Straight 8 with a supercharger ,The Model - J was a rocket back in late 1920 's - 1930 's...

Check 'em kids...

X

That axe was A " Dusey "..Yes and the Dusenbergs were the star car back in the day...Hence the term " What a Dusey "

Straight 8 with a supercharger ,The Model - J was a rocket back in late 1920 's - 1930 's...

Check 'em kids...

X

And still bring more than a Rolls Royce today

4H

These guitars are really cool but it seems that they're made in Korea or something and if that's true then I feel like the price needs to come way down

Yeah I thought they were made in Germany but a little investigating leads me to believe they are made Korea. beautiful guitars but the one in the vid sounds like a Tele and I have one of those for a lot less money.

These guitars are really cool but it seems that they're made in Korea or something and if that's true then I feel like the price needs to come way down

Shame on you! Dusenberg Guitars originated in Hanover Germany and also has operations in Fullerton California USA.

The company HQ may still be there but it seems they are made in the Far East

Hmmmmmm... I looked through Dusenberg's site again and I did a google search on "where are Dusenberg Guitars made" and the first result landed me in a guitar gear forum thread that is 11 pages long. What I got out of it is that Dusenberg doesn't explicitly reveal where what parts of build and manufacture are done other than they are assembled in Germany. Would be nice if they were more fourthcoming about all this. The one thing that everyone was posting was how extremely nice they are.

Hmmmmmm... I looked through Dusenberg's site again and I did a google search on "where are Dusenberg Guitars made" and the first result landed me in a guitar gear forum thread that is 11 pages long. What I got out of it is that Dusenberg doesn't explicitly reveal where what parts of build and manufacture are done other than they are assembled in Germany. Would be nice if they were more fourthcoming about all this. The one thing that everyone was posting was how extremely nice they are.

A lot of great stuff is coming out of Asia. At one time there website did have a statement about parts manufactured in Korea and assembled in Germany but that's been removed a while ago. Would love to try one myself.

I have no doubts about the quality, just wish that the price reflected their outsourcing. It would be nice if they were forthcoming about where they are made, but I guess then people wouldn't be so comfortable with their price tag

I have no doubts about the quality, just wish that the price reflected their outsourcing. It would be nice if they were forthcoming about where they are made, but I guess then people wouldn't be so comfortable with their price tag

Well, thanks for pointing it out in the first place Dub. There is a dealer that carries them on the east side of town and I'll try to find an excuse to get out there to try some out. The Andertons video was cool and I need to try some out and know more before I abadon ship on them.

Archived