Gibson Brands Forums

Zemaitis Guitars demo

Rabs

I have always liked the looks of them... But from what I understand these newly made ones are nothing like the originals... still these ones they are playing seem pretty good (the distorted sound is nice).. Anyone played one? (anyone played an original?)

I have always liked the looks of them... But from what I understand these newly made ones are nothing like the originals... still these ones they are playing seem pretty good (the distorted sound is nice).. Anyone played one? (anyone played an original?)

Like you Rabs I have always thought they look nice but the old ones are 'an arm and a leg' and the new ones, well unknown so not that exciting I guess. Ronnie Wood plays one, I guess original!

What do you mean, "They are an arm and a leg..."

The guitars on the video sound excellent to me, but what do I know?

They appear to be the guitar that Liberace would play if he were a guitarist. Who could forget his sequin studded suits.

What do you mean, "They are an arm and a leg..."

The guitars on the video sound excellent to me, but what do I know?

They appear to be the guitar that Liberace would play if he were a guitarist. Who could forget his sequin studded suits.

The original ones built by Tony Zemaitis are vintage and sought after and thus expensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Zemaitis

These new ones are made in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zemaitis_Guitars

Always loved the look of the Zemaitis guitars. Both Ronnie Wood and James Honeyman-Scott played them, and they've always been on my dream guitar list. Looks like the Jap ones are slightly more afordable :rolleyes: though still not cheap - about $2K USD for the metal front -which is the one I lust for.

Archived