Gibson Brands Forums

Birthday Wishes

Californiaman

I was in the local guitar center with my daughter looking over some guitars she might like for her upcoming birthday.

She fell in love with this beautiful Epiphone Wildkat.

It's a 2014 LTD in Wine Red. It was easy for her to handle. She loved the way it sounded through the little fender champ we played through. Actually it was the best Epiphone we played in the entire store.

Because GC wouldn't budge on the price, I got one from a guy on craigslist in New Mexico for $250.00.

She loves it!!!

You know what? I do too!!!

2014 Epiphone Wildkat LTD in Wine Red

Looks good. Haven't played one. If she likes it, that's what counts.

steve

Great gift, Californiaman! And your daughter has great taste too. Happy Birthday to her!

I've played literally dozens of these as they always have them on the floor in the three Guitar Centers near me and I'm always driven to pick them up and play a few licks on them. For the price of around $400 U.S. new I think it's the best all around guitar out there. And the Epiphone ES137's with those Gibson Pickups are really sweet too (but a few hundred more).

The thing I liked most about the Wildcat LTD is that it was set up nicely. [thumbup]

The thing my daughter doesn't like about it is that her 11-year-old fingers are getting all red and callused. :(

Hey, thirty minutes twice a day will do that to a little girls fingers. [tongue]

Happy Birthday and NGD to your daughter. I've had a trans orange Kat for a few years now and just love the thing. How Epi can make a guitar of this quality for the price is beyond me. As FZ pointed out, Bigsby's alone (I've bought two from Amazon) are about $135. And to top it off, there isn't any genre of music that this little gem can't handle. As noted, it's one of the best values on the market today. Congrats again to you both.

1433674850[/url]' post='1664810']

that guitar is only $250.00?

it's a beauty... [thumbup]

That is a great deal. I almost bought a Wild Cat in wine red at guitar center. I played it and liked it but went to Another Music store and played some different models and ended up with a Standard. I think GC wanted $400.00 for the Wild Cat and I got the Standard for sale at $360.00 that is a very nice guitar, tell her Happy Birthday.msp_rolleyes.gif

That is a great deal. I almost bought a Wild Cat in wine red at guitar center. I played it and liked it but went to Another Music store and played some different models and ended up with a Standard. I think GC wanted $400.00 for the Wild Cat and I got the Standard for sale at $360.00 that is a very nice guitar, tell her Happy Birthday.msp_rolleyes.gif

That sounds about right on the price these days. It's $399.00 at GC.

I read several posts in different forums about guys scoring them from GC for as low as $299.00. GC wouldn't even budge on the price. Even if it was for a little girls birthday. Nope, I had to have a coupon or price match it with another dealer.

Oh well, GC blows another sale. No skins out of my wallet.

Archived