Gibson Brands Forums

Design and Plan for my Next Car

BluesKing777

A very different car to the last......

So far.....:

Dash - Adirondack Spuce with Herringbone Purfling/Maple binding.

Steering Wheel - slotted bone with nickel trim

Seats - ebony leather

Tires - Elixir PB12s

Engine - Fishman Aura +

Ferrari Red......Brazilian Rosewood

BluesKing777.

Had not any Pinot....3 hours ago, 1 Bourbon and Coke with no Coke really thingy stuff, probably diet Coke - doesnt work....

I dont really drink much since I gave up fagerrettes, cos they go very hand in hand, especially after a few, so

Just imagination Nick, though I do need a new, or another car, but the general run of the mill thing doesnt do a thing for me...all generic 4 wheel drive and plastic buses/pseudo somethings.

And I was playing my HD28v, and thought....."I want Herringbone trim!"

A lot of the new electrical parts dont last long anymore - I have a list on my current car to fix next week (after payday).

So just dreaming guitar merge car, but no new car coming unless........urgent?

BluesKing777.

So just dreaming guitar merge car, but no new car coming unless........urgent?

BluesKing777.

But can you play Statesboro Blues on the steering wheel while you drive?

I can see some practical applications here for the uber-rich: Brazilian inlays rather than the typical walnut (or whatever that real or pseudo wood I see in my cars is).

Mine would probably end up with a lot of abalone inlay. Adirondack veneer on the roof.

I used to park cars as a summer job when I was in high school. I remember a guy bringing in this strange looking Caddie convertible (this was the early 1960's); sort of textured-looking metal flake finish. He told me "be careful with that car, kid. It's covered in genuiwine leather."

You could do an Elvis-style leather cover for the whole car. You could undo it when you went to sell it. Think of the weeks you would spend tooling the leather.

Elvis!!!

His fault - I totally forgot til just then....ciming back, coming back - but I went to see...when a kid......Elvis' Gold Cadillac on Tour!

No 'also whats that thing, do we get in it or on it' cars - not for that boy!

All gold everything. Taste not quite mine.... It would be sticking out the garage halfway, anyways....

I think it would be cool to own the Jag X something that Mark Ruffalo's character drives in the movie 'Begin Again' with Keira playing that gorgeous 0-18!

BluesKing777.

I dont really drink much since I gave up fagerrettes, cos they go very hand in hand, especially after a few, so

I quit smoking 2 years before I quit drinking. I used Nicorette gum when playing in some of the few remaining bars that allowed smoking. That was the hardest, being AROUND people smoking while I was NOT smoking but STILL DRINKING.

Whew.......

I quit smoking 2 years before I quit drinking. I used Nicorette gum when playing in some of the few remaining bars that allowed smoking. That was the hardest, being AROUND people smoking while I was NOT smoking but STILL DRINKING.

Whew.......

I'm with ya, Murph!

A very, very hard thing to do!

These days I hang with the smokers out the front of the blues night - catch a few free fumes...sit there with a stupid grin.

Even if I took it up again, I dont think I could afford $20 a packet for my old brand here. Wow!

BluesKing777.

Archived