Gibson Brands Forums

After my first burst, now my first broken bone!

Well, here I am. title says it all.

Short after setting my new Traditional 14 up, I started to clean the dust in my apartment.

I was cleaning the bottom of my bookshelf when a skull I had on the top fell on my left hand.msp_cursing.gif

IMG-20150608-WA0000_zpsseecwodz.jpg

Don't ask, I like weird stuff to decorate. LOL.

I'm thankfull that it wasn't my head.

Doc's told me that it is a unstable fracture, so maybe they have to operate it. On day 15 of this month they will take a look, I hope it melts back toghether without operation. Not that I´m scared , but it will take much longer if they have to open it.

Well maybe it's a good moment for learning harmonica.msp_tongue.gif

Every time I feel sad, I think about Les Paul's right arm.........

Compared to his injury this is a joke.

Could be worse.

I almost thaught that it was to much luck in a row, that I found my dream guitar, for a incredible price, and in the burst I always wanted.

Well she will have to wait. Good news is when I'm recovered It will be perfetly set up, even with new strings, only have to adjust pickup height.msp_thumbup.gif

Hello Marcos!

Sad to hear that! Get well soon!

By the way, guitar players shouldn't do any work around the house! [rolleyes] (Tell Your partner, You have red that at the Forums! :))

Get the best out of this unfortunate situation, learn theory or whatever You haven't had patience for, so far.

Best wishes... Bence

Hello Marcos!

Sad to hear that! Get well soon!

By the way, guitar players shouldn't do any work around the house! [rolleyes] (Tell Your partner, You have red that at the Forums! :))

Get the best out of this unfortunate situation, learn theory or whatever You haven't had patience for, so far.

Best wishes... Bence

Those are good tip's, especially to tell my GF to clean, problem is she plays too.msp_glare.gif

So that woldn't work. And she's learning Tae Kwon Do too, saying her such stuff could be dangerous for all of my bones.msp_scared.gif

But that with the theory could be a really good idea.

Thank's bro!

Doc's told me that it is a unstable fracture, so maybe they have to operate it.

A long time ago I broke my left-hand index and middle fingers. They had to stick pins in there to stabilize the fractures, then pulled them out later. Flexibility has never been the same. It's OK for keys, but I had to give up guitar for a while. I've been playing more lately, and it's coming back. Maybe not all the way, but I play what I can, which seems to be more with more playing. [thumbup] Best of luck with your recovery. Stick with your physical therapy!

A long time ago I broke my left-hand index and middle fingers. They had to stick pins in there to stabilize the fractures, then pulled them out later. Flexibility has never been the same. It's OK for keys, but I had to give up guitar for a while. I've been playing more lately, and it's coming back. Maybe not all the way, but I play what I can, which seems to be more with more playing. [thumbup] Best of luck with your recovery. Stick with your physical therapy!

Thanks for sharing your story Cougar, I hope you keep recovering the more you play.

I will do what I can to keep my hobby. It will take more than this to keep me from playing.

Best wishes,

Marcos

Jones,

I know the luck..I blew out my ( rt. ) pickin' arm..

Walked about for a couple months before I could pick up the Axes without excruciatin' pain..

Take it slooo..Hopefully surgery can be negated altogether..

YOWSA

X

Is it a human skull?

There's got to be a song here....

"Revenge Of The Skull"...or something similar...

....you won't need the extra finger for the power chords... B)

Thank you all guys!

Today I will at least try to practice some fingerstyle.

I'm not sure about slide, because I don't wan't to move the left hand more than necesary.

Anyway I don't know why but something in me tells me that it's gonna be fine. I will start slowly, maybe that skull-song idea could come handy!

I once had a compound fracture due to a crush injury on a finger.

It stopped me playing properly for a year.

It didnt stop me thinking my playing though. That is still a part of it.

At that time, people would say 'remember Django Rhienhart'. I got a bit tired of that comment TBH.

It still looks a little odd and have had a couple minor issues since, but it was a bad break that came right in the end. You will overcome. Just a matter of time. Good luck.

I once had a compound fracture due to a crush injury on a finger.

It stopped me playing properly for a year.

It didnt stop me thinking my playing though. That is still a part of it.

At that time, people would say 'remember Django Rhienhart'. I got a bit tired of that comment TBH.

It still looks a little odd and have had a couple minor issues since, but it was a bad break that came right in the end. You will overcome. Just a matter of time. Good luck.

Wow, dude one whole year!!!

Good to know that you are still playing after that.

Thanks a lot!

• 3 months later...

Hallo Cap!

Every morning there is still some stiffness in mi fingers.

I would say that I recovered about 85 to 90% of movement flexing and streching.

I can do almost everything with my left hand.

Starting workout again was a bit painful at first especially lifting dumbbells.

Good news is I can play giutar almost like I could before.

I need to practice a bit harder, but I don't care. There was a moment when I looked at my hand with my crooked broken finger and thought: Ok, thats it, you can now start to sell your guitars.

Funny thing, after physiotherapy I walked into a guitarstore nearby to buy strings and a V-pick and to my surprise I saw a little thingie like the one I just had used in therapy.

It works really good, and it's almost identical to the one used for therapy.

I have exactly the same one as seen in the video but mine has the D'addario logo wich I think is kind of cool.

Thank's for asking cap!

Greetz

Archived