Gibson Brands Forums

100 years - Gibson's big day

'Scales

June 9 here so that's 100 years today since Les Paul's birth and I expect much cake and champagne will be consumed in the offices of Gibson, and fair enough. The world's most popular and enduring signature model electric guitar - no small achievement.

Irrespective of the finer detail of design origin and inputs (of which I have no idea) what I do know is that particularly when combined with the work of Mr.Lover and Mr. Marshall a lot of magic happened for which I am grateful.

here's to you Les.

I bought that DVD and the extras alone are worth at least 5x the asking price for the 'main feature'.

Essential Viewing IMO.

Jeff Beck's thoughts and insights into how he had to approach performing the songs is fascinating.

26 mins before it's the actual cenennial (GMT) so I'll save some Talisker for raising my glass to him tomorrow!

P.

Les would have been famous and notable without Gibson.

Can Gibson say the same?

now there's a thought provoking post Larry... don't know the answer, but that I stopped to think says something..

Happy Birthday Les, and thanks!

Guest Farnsbarns

Les would have been famous and notable without Gibson.

Can Gibson say the same?

I don't think Les would be anywhere near as well known as he is without the guitar he was famously named after.

Guest Farnsbarns

What about all his innovations beyond the LP model?

Obviously I don't think they would have the same effect when it comes to keeping the man's name in the public conciousness. I'm not trying to take anything from the late, great Les Paul, especially on what would have been his 100th birthday. Just answering L5's post frankly and honestly.

Archived