Gibson Brands Forums

How many people will enter the 2015 Les Paul 100 contest?

scottpaine_69

How many people have entered the 2015 Gibson Les Paul 100 contest that starts today? How many people do you THINK will enter the contest? I submitted an entry. But I think one of the fine print qualifing details is that not only do you have to have a 2015 Gibson with the Les Paul 100 logo on the headstock is that you have to buy it today (6/9/2015). Just making conversation and curious about what everybody thinks about it.... Plus I'm wondering how many people will jump on a 2015 Gibson. I know I'm one of the few but I do love my 2015 Gibson..

10934089_850790011630622_5435190613516910187_n.jpg?oh=909d4dc56d94a57ef742aa763b92b16c&oe=560490A5

If they accept your entry you probably have a good chance. I would bet less than 50 entries overall if even that many. I did see that it required getting the guitar today though, so I have the feeling they won't bend the rules.

I bought an apogee quartet less than a year ago and they started a promotion today where if you bought one recently, you get $500 worth of software. I used their chat function and tried to talk them into giving me the promotional offer. 3 microseconds for them to say no.

How long was your essay and what did you say? Just curious👍

[thumbup] It's a really cool promotion. I bought my SG a while ago though so I'm out. Too bad... I have written a few essays on why the 2015 Gibson USA line is so much better than Gibsons from other years. Even done some videos.

I seriously considered buying another LP to enter. I could use another humbucker LP and considered the Studio model. The deadline got away from me and I forgot to make the purchase. I've written plays and screenplays and I think I could have rocked the essay contest. Oh well.

The details have been posted. The contest requires filling out a form, sending in a copy of the receipt, and posting a 300 word max essay.

Link is here.

It has nothing to do with the 2015 model, but there's no way I am buying a new guitar just to enter a contest. And write an essay on top of that. :blink: No thanks.

This...

Yup.. I feel the same....

I could think of many better ways to celebrate Les's Birthday... Having to buy a 2015 on a certain day and then write about just to enter it is not particularly attractive. Kinda weird if you ask me.

Archived