Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Traditional Pro III - People's opinions

T-Rev

So in light of all the 2015 USA disaster guitars, What are peoples opinions of the Guitar Center exclusive Traditional Pro III?

Personally I'm a fan of the plain top - some people like or dislike this. I am very curious what the new Alnico 3 57 classic esq pickups sound like?

Has anyone tried one yet?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Traditional-Pro-III-Electric-Guitar-111260766-i4287386.gc

Minus the G Force it looks like a solid LP in a year of not so Traditional LP's.

Thoughts?

Looks like a step backwards in the right direction. Aside from the G-farce tuner and missing fretboard binding nibs, it looks good to me. With the exception of that and the plain top, it is close to my 2013 Trad Pro II that I picked up new back in January.

Top_zps8173e37c.jpg

1434241584[/url]' post='1666839']

Looks like a step backwards in the right direction. Aside from the G-farce tuner and missing fretboard binding nibs, it looks good to me. With the exception of that and the plain top, it is close to my 2013 Trad Pro II that I picked up new back in January.

Top_zps8173e37c.jpg

What a Gorgeous Top! That's what Les Pauls looked like in the seventies, when a lot of the bar band's lead guitarists played an early 60's Les Paul because they couldn't afford a new one. The times have sure changed. THAT is the epitome of a REAL Les Paul! I want that!

That's what Les Pauls looked like in the seventies, when a lot of the bar band's lead guitarists played an early 60's Les Paul because they couldn't afford a new one.

Wait. What?

rct

Top_zps8173e37c.jpg

Yep that is the same finish I have on my LP TP II

After looking at the link it reminds me a lot of my 2014 Studio Pro deluxe II which was a GC exclusive model. It has no binding but, has the 60's tapered neck and the pickups are different. Love mine and the neck is so comfortable in the hand. The coil taps and circuit boost just add to the diversity of sounds. Love my LP, hope you have the same experience...I just don't seem to want to put it down and makes me want to get another in a different color for the wall. Chuck

Archived