Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: In love with a new 'bird

tinman1

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx190/TinmanV/IMG_2156_zpsazk2sbzg.jpg~original

Always lusted after one of these. This one brought me back to the shop three days in a row. I couldn't turn her down. Nice quartersawn, bookmatched top and evenly applied burst. Mellow and vocal tone....I'm sure it'll open out and get even better over the next few weeks/ months/ years!

Yee Haaaaaa Tin man...

I was smitten this year as well... I pulled the trigger a few months ago. I did make one change. I swapped out the (perfectly functioning) Grover Rotomatics for Grover 135Ns to "complete the vibe".

Enjoy it! Mine looks identical to yours.

Congrats TinMan ! They are loved for a reason! I picked up my H'Bird yesterday, for the first time after a few months of honeymooning with my new J45C - which I felt was the epitome of guitars. At least in my limited experience. But, after 10 minutes playing the H'Bird, I was completely floored at how great it sounded! At least as good as, but different than my others. Not sure if my ears just got use to one flavor of ice cream and then a new one just blew me away - or what. But, now I feel I have to start all over again trying to decide the classic question - "If your house were on fire, which one would you save?" Enjoy yours.

Congrats TinMan ! They are loved for a reason! I picked up my H'Bird yesterday, for the first time after a few months of honeymooning with my new J45C - which I felt was the epitome of guitars. At least in my limited experience. But, after 10 minutes playing the H'Bird, I was completely floored at how great it sounded! At least as good as, but different than my others. Not sure if my ears just got use to one flavor of ice cream and then a new one just blew me away - or what. But, now I feel I have to start all over again trying to decide the classic question - "If your house were on fire, which one would you save?" Enjoy yours.

I know what you mean. I have a Martin 000-18 too.... quite different tones and playing feel. More bass from the 'bird as would be expected and the trebles are crisper/ dryer. The Martin is probably a bit warmer but not so good loudly strummed. The bird has just had its first new set of strings on today and what a difference that made too! A big increase in volume and clarity.

Congradulations! Yes, your new bird will open up a lot! Mine has opened up nicely now that it is a year and a half old...Yours will get even better than it sounds now if that is even possible!...and mine sounded pretty darn good when it was new!...it has become smooth as butter now..that sweet iconic Hummingbird nectar tone more pronounced than ever. Hours can pass on a Hummingbird without ever knowing what happened to the time!

I bought one of these during the Memorial Day deals a local store was having. The one I purchased already sounds better and the price I was offered - insanely low. Nothing else sounds remotely like it out there. Congrats on your purchase.

Archived