Gibson Brands Forums

45 years ago

AndyK

thankyou Andy - that's sorted out what I'll be listening to on my lunchtime walk today.

I love that concert because its so damn real. Possibly my favourite Free song is The Stealer and its interestesting how (as they fix the %$@&!# snare drum) Paul Rodgers explains they've not played it live before, and I think this would have been before the album - and well, Koss just struggles with it right the way through (except when the solo comes in for a bit) you can almost see his mind trying to compute where the song is at and what to do next. Rodgers and the band help him as much as they can - just a great reminder that no matter how great a band is, live is live - great stuff! I'm not sure how Koss was going on the day (I'm sure there is at least one ocassion where band members shout what the song is as the drum intro starts) but there's some wonderful singing and playing by one and all.

very much a favourite live show and a favourite band - thanks again for the reminder to re-listen to it [thumbup]

By an odd co-incidence I had to travel into Central London this morning by rail and tube and I had 'The Free Story' on the MP3 keeping me sane throughout the ordeal.

Thanks for all the great songs, guys!

[thumbup]

P.

11168024_10153942142636416_5619856639409925163_n.jpg?oh=d1ab21d9c5243585fc71106e80c47162&oe=55FE44B2&__gda__=1442661866_05978fad007994ba73c75ffea6014028

Free at the peak of their powers, 1970 Isle of Wight festival. Feel free to find and post more pics. [thumbup]

I think Paul looks great and still sounds great

In this photo he looks like he's in the middle of an inversion ankle injury.

I guess it wasn't.👍

What a weekend that was! Beautiful weather and an amazing line up.

I'll never forget John Sebastian and Country Joe in the afternoon. Highlight of the night time acts for me was definitely The Who.

The last of the truly great festivals before the corporate giants took over.

A while back there was a television special featuring mostly Strat players. Paul Rogers was the best vocalist of the lot. Due to my musical background, I had no idea who he was. I just knew I liked his voice and the control he had over it. Amazing! I do remember Gary Morrris and Brian May being on the show. No May did not play a Strat, but Morris did as did Paul Rogers. Great show!! I'm sure everyone has seen it a few times.

Archived