Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Lesson - Neo Classical Rock

Some ideas how to play some Neo Classical Rock Lead Guitar ( Yngwie Malmsteen or others ) by using sequence runs with palm muting or 3 note per string patterns and by using the related modes to the following chords : Cm, Ab, Fm, Bb, Bdim - Here you find some free tabs of runs which work : http://www.hpcrazy.com/tabs/neoclassical.pdf

I have played the Epiphone Twister Sister Signature model.

HP,,

I've been playing for over 50 years, and have taught many people how to play over the years that I did that, as well as gigged quite a lot to help supplement the income when the kids were younger an the money just wasn't that easy to come by. In all those years, I learned my way around this instrument quite well, I can certainly hold my own with just about any style of playing. (not big into country,, but hey, a gig is a gig!)

But seriously. It's a joke what some guys put out on you-tube, and I find much of it to be nothing more than embarrassing.

You're a very good player, you clearly know your stuff. Two thumbs up for your videos, many will find them VERY helpful.. you're one of the good ones, keep up the good work HP.

[thumbup]

[thumbup]

PS,

Question on that LP,, was that an elitist? based on the head stock, seems it was. I don't remember those. sounds great tho. I have a 2004 Chet Atkins Elitist, fantastic guitar.

Cheers!

I've been playing for over 50 years, and have taught many people how to play over the years that I did that, as well as gigged quite a lot to help supplement the income when the kids were younger an the money just wasn't that easy to come by. In all those years, I learned my way around this instrument quite well, I can certainly hold my own with just about any style of playing. (not big into country,, but hey, a gig is a gig!)

Hey Kidblast,

50 years ? You have gone a long way on your guitar - wow. I mean thats how it happens you learn most on gigs and if people love your playing there is nothing to complain. :)

Two thumbs up for your videos, many will find them VERY helpful.. you're one of the good ones, keep up the good work HP.

Thanks bro - doing my best.

Question on that LP,, was that an elitist? based on the head stock, seems it was. I don't remember those. sounds great tho. I have a 2004 Chet Atkins Elitist, fantastic guitar.

You are right it is from the Elitist series. It has a really punchy and biting Sound. Don't know your guitar but since it is from the Eletist series I guess it is great.

Best HP

HP,

The Elitist Chet Atkins is a beauty. All the Elitists were fantastic. I can post a pick if you are so inclined.

My Dad gave me my first guitar when I was 8 years old. I had grown an interest from watching, believe it or not, guys like Glenn Campbell and the people he'd have as guests on his show (Jerry Reed, Roy Clark, etc). ..1966 ?what?

I grew up in the days where the beatles, jimi hendrix, led zep, deep purple blue the roof opened on the music industry, it was easy to ride that wave.

While I still play every day, and work in two bands I realize it's a young mans game, so I don't gig as much as I used to and that's by choice..

Looking forward to your next vid!

/Ray

Archived