Gibson Brands Forums

Sorry Farns... Foos cancel Glasto headline and Wembley

Rabs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33160160

Rock group Foo Fighters have been forced to cancel their headline slot at this year's Glastonbury Festival.

The announcement comes four days after frontman Dave Grohl fell off stage at a concert in Sweden, fracturing his leg.

Dates in Belgium, Edinburgh and London's Wembley Stadium have also been cancelled.

"Doctors have required the cancellation of the remainder of the band's dates in the UK and Europe," said a statement on the band's website.

"After undergoing surgery Monday, Dave's full recuperation time is still to be determined."

The band were two songs into their set at the Ullevi stadium last Friday, when Grohl mistimed a jump onto a ramp and proceeded to fall into the gap between the stage and audience.

"I think I just broke my leg," the singer told the crowd as he lay on the ground.

However, the band continued the show after Grohl sought medical attention, with the singer performing in a chair with his leg bandaged.

Writing on the Foo Fighters website on Tuesday night, Grohl called it "the single most bizarre Foo Fighters show in the entire 20 years of being a band. Hands down.

"What seemed like a tragedy at first turned into a triumph, and we all walked away with a new sense of appreciation for what we've got."

Posting a photo of the "six metal screws in my leg", he added: "It kills me to say it [but] the doctors have told us to cancel shows.

"I'm really so sorry, guys. You know I hate to do it, but I'm afraid it's just not physically possible for me at the moment.

"We're doing our best right now to work out a plan, so bear with us. You know we're good for our word. But for now, I need to make sure we have years of gigs ahead of us."

Glastonbury have yet to announce a replacement headliner for their Friday night line-up, but said in a statement: "We wish Dave Grohl all the best for a full and speedy recovery."

It is not the first time organisers have had to make a last-minute change to the top of the bill.

Gorillaz stood in for U2 in 2010, after Bono was required to undergo back surgery. Five years earlier, Basement Jaxx replaced Kylie Minogue - who was forced to pull out after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

And in 1995, Pulp played a career-defining headline set after The Stone Roses' guitarist John Squire broke his collar-bone in a biking accident.

Forthcoming cancelled Foo Fighters dates are as follows:

19 and 20 June - London, UK - Wembley Stadium

23 June - Edinburgh, UK - BT Murrayfield Stadium

25 June - Werchter, Belgium - Festivalpark Werchter

26 June - Glastonbury Festival 2015

Guest Farnsbarns

A shame. Very disappointed. I was guest list so I'm not even guaranteed the next concert in liu.

Planning a BBQ instead now with much FF played loud.

A shame. Very disappointed. I was guest list so I'm not even guaranteed the next concert in liu.

Planning a BBQ instead now with much FF played loud.

Ahh man.. that probably sucks even worse... Oh well what can you do.. Its not like he doesn't have a real excuse...

And well, yes a BBQ is always a good idea, assuming the stupid English weather permits you too :) (stupid weather)....

Guest Farnsbarns

Erm, sausages, burgers, chicken drum sticks, steak, ribs, fish, etc. Normal fare I would think. Grillable food basically.

BBQ here in the South is slow grilling with indirect fire involving smoke.

But, a lot of people call grilling BBQ and they call the grill itself BBQ which gets confusing....and sometimes dissapointing.

The closest BBQ joint to my house is Martin's BBQ and they smoke their pigs for 24 hours.

Guest Farnsbarns

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, baked beans, Spam, Spam, Spam, and Spam.

rct

I realised just after I posted that I could have ripped the piss...

Otter's noses, albatross, unruly colonials and tea and scones!

You guys barbecue?

Get off the lift, take the lorry and pop round to Farns for a grillfresco at midday a fortnight hence I should say.

rct

Tut tut. Righty-O. Be a good chap and fetch me the torch from the boot. Never mind whilst I push this sheep through the fence.

Tut tut. Righty-O. Be a good chap and fetch me the torch from the boot. Never mind whilst I push this sheep through the fence.

Jolly well. Buggering sheep never my cuppa don't you know. I'm off.

rct

Ok I realize that was a dumb question. I was genuinely curious lol. Never been to the UK or anything.

I like where this is going with the wolf's nip stew and whatnot though

It's actually a great question, and my initial "You guys barbecue?" was serious. I tend to think of it as an American thing, even though we bbq'd every other weekend with Limes and other Euros when we lived in Bermuda.

It's always fun to pick on the Brits. They take it so well.

rct

Ok I realize that was a dumb question. I was genuinely curious lol. Never been to the UK or anything.

I like where this is going with the wolf's nip stew and whatnot though

It's actually a great question, and my initial "You guys barbecue?" was serious. I tend to think of it as an American thing, even though we bbq'd every other weekend with Limes and other Euros when we lived in Bermuda.

It's always fun to pick on the Brits. They take it so well.

rct

I'm English. What is this barbecue thing you talk of [confused]

I always thought the No.1 barbecue country was Austrailia?

On a side note,

1) why on earth do Americans call trousers pants? Pants are UNDERWEAR!.

2) It's Lego NOT Legos!

and lastly,

3) it's not 'off of', it's just 'off'... For example 'Get OFF me' and certainly NOT 'Get off of me!'

Guest Farnsbarns

Actually it's Lego and "off of" is grmatically correct. To say "get of me" is just the lazy modern way of things.

and "off of" is grmatically correct. To say "get of me" is just the lazy modern way of things.

Actually, it's more of a colloquialism or region based thing. Many English teachers object to 'off of' but it can be found back in Shakespearian usage. In modern language I don't know of any English people who use 'off of' however, lazy or not! It's been debated over a lot and it's certainly a double usage phrase which seems very pointless! https://motivatedgrammar.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/on-off-of/

Anyway, I was just kidding around and it's no big deal [biggrin]

Guest Farnsbarns

Actually, it's more of a colloquialism or region based thing. Many English teachers object to 'off of' but it can be found back in Shakespearian usage. In modern language I don't know of any English people who use 'off of' however, lazy or not! It's been debated over a lot and it's certainly a double usage phrase which seems very pointless! https://motivatedgrammar.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/on-off-of/

Anyway, I was just kidding around and it's no big deal [biggrin]

I realised you were joking. So was I.

Archived