Gibson Brands Forums

New Track

BluesKing777

I recorded my version of Memphis Willie B's "Brownsville" on my 2002 Martin OM18v to demonstrate the guitar with the Elixir PB Lights, and I was really happy with the sound, so some Gibsonites may want to hear it before I turn it down later on:

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/brownsville777zz

BluesKing777.

P.S. anyone know what the 'repost' in Soundcloud means? I already have 5?

I could listen to that sh1t all day.

Repost means that someone has 'reposted' you track somewhere else... I think.

If you log into soundcloud via a computer it will show you more info.

Your just using tablet as usual.

Let them repost. Your stuff deserves to be heard beyond this little forum.

Thanks for those replies!!

Maestro? [biggrin]

Na - the guy who wrote it is and the version I did started after learning John Miller's version on Stefan Grossman Guitar workshop.....Thanks John. I also emailed John Miller a couple of years back about what guitar he played, after I was reclining in an armchair watching his blues lesson and thought "I love the sound of his guitar as well as the playing!" He replied and said it was an Martin OM18v and later I was looking at Elderly's wares and.....there it was! 2002 Martin OM18v! Mine and now rings like a BELL!!!!

BluesKing777.

Yowser! [thumbup] One of your best.Love that tune.What's the tuning?Open C or something?.Some deliciously creepy low notes.

Time for new strings on my 18V.

Plain ole Open D, thanks FB!

Though I will check that later...may have dropped it down more, but I was going through Open D stuff as I have neglected it for slightly more exotic tunings recently, but I am catching up with a friend who only knows Open D, which can be tricky to play along with all night in standard. Sometimes I get him to use my capo to Open E.(My fault really - I use to only play a metal Dobro and the magpies and crows see that shiny thing and want it, so he begged for mine and then bought another which may have been in Open D the day he bought it......same strings too.... [mellow] )

BluesKing777.

You musta went down to the crossroads................yeah[thumbup]

Thanks VacaMartin!

The new worldwide version of Crossroads would be:

"I went down to the crossroads....dah dah..dah... and it was gone, replaced by a massive intersection with a forest of traffic lights and another forest of train crossing signals and I waited and waited and waited while 3 trains went each way and not one car was going anywhere because the software that controls the traffic lights has been hacked and instead of giving the road running parallel to the trainline a turn, nobody goes except the trains! So I turned around and went home and never got to that guitar lesson..... [cursing] so I downloaded one!" [biggrin]

BluesKing777.

Archived