Gibson Brands Forums

Lets say you brought a pair of stained pants to the dry cleaners...

dem00n

I guess it kind of depends. I'm sure that a dry cleaner has some type of disclaimer that they can't guarantee every stain can be 100% removed. Was it discussed before hand? Did they imply that the stain could be removed? If so, then I guess you have a case for not being charged.

I guess it kind of depends. I'm sure that a dry cleaner has some type of disclaimer that they can't guarantee every stain can be 100% removed. Was it discussed before hand? Did they imply that the stain could be removed? If so, then I guess you have a case for not being charged.

As stated above; Ditto that.

At any rate get another pair of trousers..

X

Here's the California way to handle it...you pay for the service and then hire a lawyer and sue them for damages.

Here's the Missouri way to handle it..... "I see you didn't get the stain out. I'm not paying for this, so....YOU keep the pants."

And you specify that you want this stain to be removed, that's all. You pick it up next week and the stain is still there. Do you pay for the service or should it be free?

You need to pay for the service provided in your implied, oral contract.

You pay for services rendered. Whether the service is sufficient is another, far trickier lawsuit.

I am not a lawyer, but I am knutz deep in Business Law II at the moment.

rct

I concur with rct...you have to pay for the service under the verbal agreement. The debate seems to be whether or not they performed their contractual obligation "to your satisfaction."

As your counter example, if I take my car in for an oil change and they don't change the oil, then they did not keep their part of the verbal agreement (although, at Jiffy Lube, they make you sign a statement of work). However, if they used dinosaur vs. synthetic, they still changed the oil just not to your satisfaction.

So, you have to determine which it is...either they did not perform the contactually agreed upon service or they did, but not do it to your satisfaction.

I'd get a second opinion...from another "dry cleaner."

Let us know how it turns out...I'm sure everything will come out in the wash.

Pay up and leave a bad review...I like the BBB for more serious issues, say they made a stain that was not there.

But lets ask about the pants:

If you have VERY expensive pants like thousands...and depending on the conversation ("we can get this out no problem" vs "this is going to be tricky, we may not be able to, sir.") I may want to escalate to a manager or even write to corporate.

$100 pants would be a yelp negative review provided they said they'd remove the stain.

Just my 2c

Where I come from we call them trousers.

and 'pants' are the things you wear under your trousers.

good for you dude! yet, over here..... Pants,, are still pants! and usually not optional.

there are jeans as well, so it can get confusing..

LOL!

These pants are under...special terms at the moment.

I see it as if one were to bring a car to a mechanic for a issue - issues wasn't fixed, you still pay?

It's never that simple.

rct

Guest Farnsbarns

We are Americans not Colonials or Yankees and we are the most powerful country in the world. Fear us.

[lol]

Guest Farnsbarns

Dammit I wanted to scare you not make you laugh. [scared]

What? Scared that America might declare war on a bloke on the internet for some ironic rivalry with people like RCT and Co? [confused]

Priceless! [lol]

Don't be like that :) Learn to laugh at yourself. Everyone else does. [flapper]

Yikes. lol

That's what I said. Well close, I actually said, by jove, I didn't expect that, old been.

Archived