Gibson Brands Forums

2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional.. Thoughts?

scottpaine_69

I already have 3 Les Pauls. One of which is a 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic. I'm one of the few pro 2015 lineup people. I really like the feel of the new necks on the 2015 Gibson USA line. That's why my 2015 classic is my main guitar at the moment. I can shred faster on it than my Zakk Wylde Bullseye and my 96 Studio. So lets skip out on the G-Force tuners and zero fret nut hate rants becaues that's not what I'm asking.I'm thinking of adding a 2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional to my lineup and I'm just wanting some opions on it for a couple of reasons. 1st, I like the tone and feel of heavier guitars and the traditionals have no weight relieve. My concern is the pups in the 2015 traditionals aren't very hot (Not as much output as I like) but I do like the coil splits. So if I get the 2015 Traditional is there a set of pups I can put in that have the quick connects (Because that's what it has stock) that have high output (at least 9.5 to 10 k ohms.) with the coil split capability? I really don't want to switch out all the electronics. Just the pups and I want them to be coil split pups as well. I'm open to other Gibson years but within the budget of $2,500. Just remember I have all the input I need about the G-Force tuner and the Zero Fret Nut. I'm fine with or without the G-force and the Zero Fret Nut. Although I do like the Zero Fret nut.. Any opions and suggestions would be helpful... Thanks in advance.. Scott..

Any opions and suggestions would be helpful...

ok then Scott - wait til the 2016's are released and if they've fixed some of the less desirable aspects of the 2015's but kept the runway neck then you can choose between having those improvements versus 'discounted to clear' 2015 models at a cheaper price, or... if they go back to regular neck width you can just buy a discounted to clear 2015 at a cheaper price anyway.

ok then Scott - wait til the 2016's are released and if they've fixed some of the less desirable aspects of the 2015's but kept the runway neck then you can choose between having those improvements versus 'discounted to clear' 2015 models at a cheaper price, or... if they go back to regular neck width you can just buy a discounted to clear 2015 at a cheaper price anyway.

I can still go from my 2015 to my other Les Pauls with out and issue with the necks. I definatly prefer the new ones. But the time I'm able to afford another Gibson the 2016 should already be out. I bout my 2015 in Dec, 2014. I don't know if there gonna be able to mark stuff down very much because they spent $40 million on the 2015 lineup..

I'm thinking of adding a 2015 Les Paul Less Plus to my mix later this year. As for the pickups, I would get the guitar and play it a while before thinking too much on swapping them. Trust your ears.

Yup, the 59 Tribute is indeed lower output. In my case I like it, with my amps overdrive I can reach from crunchy to classic rock then it's over. If I want some more I step on my MT-2 and problem solved.

In your case if you like more output, I think the Dirty Fingers are available with quick connect. If thats too much 490R/498T those sound good for metal, at least in my LPJ. Cool thing about QC Pickups is you can swap them every string change if you wan't.

Archived