Gibson Brands Forums

Tribute to Les Paul certificate

Munkeephat

Hello! Been here for a while but this is my first post. I bought a brand new Les Paul Tribute to Les Paul on the 9th (LP's birthday coincidentally!) from a Gibson dealer who had just placed the guitar for sale. Well i didn't realize until i got it that it was a 2013 model. Now there was only supposed to be 400 of these made worldwide according to Gibson. So aside from the fact that these were probably just never sold out, there was some mail-in goodies that came with this guitar including a COA signed by Les Paul's son. Now i'm trying to find out how to get the extras for a brand new 2 year old guitar. The mail-in was for a Les Paul book, Gibson shirt, varsity jacket, and the COA (which is the most important item to me). I've written gibson with no reply so here i am. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

20150612_000414.jpg

20150611_130904.jpg

20150611_130921b.jpg

I've never seen that one before..

I love the headstock, Is that a Laser Engraving?

Call Gibson.. 1-800-4Gibson

Sweet Guitar!!

Gary/Hk

Yes it's laser-etched into a maple veneer. Here's the link to the page on Gibson's site. Took a while trying to find this since it doesn't seem to be accessible directly through links on the site.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Tribute.aspx

I read a " Call In Pack " ??

I would call Gibson Mon-Fri 9:00-6:00 & inquire about said call in pack that you didn't receive..

Couldn't hurt..

Good Luck with that..

Also Welcome to the Forum, I hadn't noticed your post count till just now..

You've been a member for two years & just now posting...

That Sir is a very Cool & Great Looking Guitar & I bet it has a HUGE Neck profile..

I read a " Call In Pack " ??

I would call Gibson Mon-Fri 9:00-6:00 & inquire about said call in pack that you didn't receive..

Couldn't hurt..

Good Luck with that..

Also Welcome to the Forum, I hadn't noticed your post count till just now..

You've been a member for two years & just now posting...

That Sir is a very Cool & Great Looking Guitar & I bet it has a HUGE Neck profile..

Yeah i'm going to give them a call Monday and see if i can get this stuff. As far as the posting, i've been meaning too. I just end up reading and reading and drooling over all the great guitars on here and forget what i was going to post =P~

The neck isn't too bad, a little chunky. I kinda like the 60's profile a little better because i have small hands. But i have a bunch of different necks to play and i seem to adjust pretty quickly.

I can tell by your list of gear..Standards, Studios, SGs, PRS, Fender, EVH, Jackson, Charvel, Ibanez, Parker..

Do you frequent mylespaul.com/forums?

I too prefer the 60s Tapered necks as I became used to Charvel/Jacksons/Ibanez necks in the 80s/90s

We've a 1997 PRS CE-22, 2006 Gibson Blueshawk, 2013 Nighthawk & 1994 LP Studio Lite MIII, 1987 Charvel 3B, Ibanez SR300, Pre WWII Silvertone Slidesteel, & a Jackson DK2M Pile-o-skulls project up & coming, My only floyd guitar currently, Sold My Rhoads ](*,) & several acoustics & a Peavey, Sold my Wolfgang ](*,)

Maybe someone from Gibson will reply to your thread here.. Don't hold your breath though..

I hope you can get the Call In Pack or at least what they might offer now to a guy who just spent $$$$.$$ on a Tribute LP

1994 Gibson Studio Lite MIII "StratoPaul"

a2711910-f1c3-4e3f-87a3-b5d41fb416e0.jpg

Beautiful guitar! Call Gibson like the other gentlemen said, they should be able to get this sorted out for you.

I had a heck of a time getting my 25th Anniversary Les Paul belt buckle but they came through and even threw in a 25th Anniversary key chain that was given out at some dinner. I believe my letter to them mentioned my mail in card "vanishing into the bowels of their heartless corporate morass" or something along those lines which gave them a laugh.

Thanks guys i appreciate the help. As far as the mylespaul.com/forums, if i was ever there it's been a while. I don't post too much as you can tell [biggrin] so no.

That LP MIII is pretty awesome. I just can't get into the "thin" body Pauls. I had a black custom lite that just wouldn't grow on me for some reason. And the Nighthawk is just a beauty. I Almost got the 20th anniversary standard. A friend of mine has the Epi version. Very nice. Anyway, thanks again! Now to find something else to post :-k

Archived