Gibson Brands Forums

Cool find.. Need wiring help

Rabs

So weve been having a clear out at my parents... So many old things from the 70s....

Including this I found today :)

DSC_1448_zpsps9vqrdx.jpg

DSC_1436_zpsjsgqatfo.jpg

DSC_1440_zps8ta5li8o.jpg

DSC_1438_zpsdxelppjc.jpg

DSC_1435_zpsbqgk72fj.jpg

It even has the original mic that came with it :)

DSC_1453_zpsd9efjuif.jpg

Cool huh (if it works)...

Which brings me to the actual crux of this thread... It doesn't have a power supply and its probably unlikely I will find one... Anyone know how I would wire this to a modern plug?

e01b65e0-df78-4031-97b1-623c6bec3d3f_zpsewz1z4xg.jpg

93b79adf-63c4-43dd-98ab-26237a77cab9_zpsys1f8z28.jpg

Hi Rabs, you might find this link of interest:

http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87465

Another link:

http://howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=460913

Yeah cheers man, that's appreciated.. I saw that first link last night... I was kinda hoping for a solution that doesn't involve cutting a new hole in the thing :)

Guest Farnsbarns

You're welcome to bring it to mine but it's quite a drive? I'd take it apart and hard wire a mains lead. From the inside you'll be able to see what's live, neutral and earth. Or, you could fit a kettle lead type socket. I get ones designed to fit in a round hole which makes life easy.

You're welcome to bring it to mine but it's quite a drive? I'd take it apart and hard wire a mains lead. From the inside you'll be able to see what's live, neutral and earth. Or, you could fit a kettle lead type socket. I get ones designed to fit in a round hole which makes life easy.

Cheers man, that's appreciated... I may just take you up on that.. :)

I will see.. Theres a few places yet to clear out at my parents so the original lead may even turn up yet..

^hahahaha^

Are you sure it ever had a power adaptor? Looking at the pins in the battery compartment it looks like a regular 110v cord would pop on there, like from an electric shaver.

In the UK theres nothing regular about a 110v power chord or supply :) plus I think they are two prong

We will see.. I am curious as to if it works and what it sounds like..

Archived