Gibson Brands Forums

Ngd

LarryUK

jet_zpsd2xh9b8t.jpg

So. I was looking at some guitars and I saw a guitar. It was a LAG Jet. I liked the look and thought it'd be good to have one as the reviews are good.

I went on eBay and saw this. The only one for sale. I bid and won at £52! Can't wait to get it and start messing with it.

£52...?!?..........[woot]...........Wow!

I think it looks really nice, actually. I like the peghead and the fairly original body shape, too.

Congrats! Looking forward to the tone report.

[thumbup]

P.

Lag are French...and usually a lot more than £52!!

Congrats, another great bargain! [thumbup]

I sold a generic Strat copy on ebay a few years back for £40 - I should have kept it just for slide....

Well. It arrived today and it was just wrapped in bubble wrap inside a black bag, taped up. Hence a chip on the top edge by the belly cut. I can't believe it hasn't got a broken neck. That aside.It's got rusty strings and rusty frets.So, it's not been played in a long time, But the action is so low and it plays great. Much better than my Charvel So Cal did. I can't wait to strip it and set it up. It feels right in the hands though. How would you touch up the paint?

Pics will follow.

Hence a chip on the top edge by the belly cut. How would you touch up the paint?

can you include a close up photo of this area when you post photos?

It's the same as the two in the above photo.

ok believe it or not,, for a quick cheap DIY remedy, you could try nail polish. As long as you can match the color close enough... hey,, you'll know it's there, but you'll seal it and once you buff it out (with something like scratch remover, or even 0000 steele wool, that a good polish, you can blend.

Stew Mac also has a few products that will help. Check out the web site for finish repair products.

like for example: http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Finishing_Supplies/Colors_and_Tints_and_Stains/Lacquer_Sticks.html

Archived