Gibson Brands Forums

Take a look at this bird yay or nay?

spank

Just found this on facebook any thoughts? Found out its coming out this month and its a limtied run of 30 i think.

URL=http://s977.photobucket.com/user/spank005/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1435164226997_zpsrnegrxoe.jpg.html]FB_IMG_1435164226997_zpsrnegrxoe.jpg[/url][/media]

Just personal taste but I am not a fan of the look of the back and sides. But I am a Plain Jane guitar guy so no reason anybody should give a fig about what I think. I do not even like the look of abalone binding. Nor does the Custom Shop/Limited Edition moniker impress me. Way too many of them being offered with many differing from the less expensive stock guitar only in cosmetics and bling. The ones that do impress me are those that differ structurally from the norm like the 12 fret SJs. I mean, give me a J-45 with un-scalloped bracing or a J-200 with the second light wide angle brace above the soundhole and you may pull me in.

It would get awaful boring though if we all had the same taste in guitars.

Custom Shop - beautiful fretboard abalone inlays. Is that maple b/s? Pickguard looks like it's not the Flubbertype. Appears to be partially covering the main part of the rosette from this angle, which some don't like.

Being a Limited Edition - I would seriously consider it.

If I were in the market for a guitar and had the bread.

Custom Shop - beautiful fretboard abalone inlays. Is that maple b/s? Pickguard looks like it's not the Flubbertype. Appears to be partially covering the main part of the rosette from this angle, which some don't like.

Being a Limited Edition - I would seriously consider it.

If I were in the market for a guitar and had the bread.

Yes AAA quilted maple back and sides and new autumn brust top and wildfire burst back and sides.

Hate to be negative, but this one is too heavy to levitate for me.

On the other hand, I'd love to enter a room with one of these blingos in about 50 years time.

The jewellery might turn into pure magic when mojo sets in -

serious nicotine and soya-stained, stove-greased, sun-tanned, lipstick-kissed, ding-donged major-mojo. . .

Hate to be negative, but this one is too heavy to levitate for me.

On the other hand, I'd love to enter a room with one of these blingos in about 50 years time.

The jewellery might turn into pure magic when mojo sets in -

serious nicotine and soya-stained, stove-greased, sun-tanned, lipstick-kissed, ding-donged major-mojo. . .

Couldn't agree more!

I am a traditionalist when it comes to guitar cosmetics, but I have to say that this one is very tastefully done. I like it. However, I would probably change to gold tuners without engraving and recut the pickguard to expose the full rosette ring. But that is just me...

What is the top wood, and what kind of specs does it have?

Lars

I am a traditionalist when it comes to guitar cosmetics, but I have to say that this one is very tastefully done. I like it. However, I would probably change to gold tuners without engraving and recut the pickguard to expose the full rosette ring. But that is just me...

What is the top wood, and what kind of specs does it have?

Lars

Its sika spruce and agree with tunner change and also hate that they cover the rosette with the guard. Im a suker for a nice burst and quilted maple but it may be a little to much.

Nought. A Hummingbird deserves to be Mahogany. And the gaudy design with excessive MOP inlays will likely cost an arm and a leg. As if a regular Hummingbird already don't. That guitar is best suited for people who have money to burn,

In 1963 there was a batch of flamed maple hbirds

JC

In 1963 there was a batch of flamed maple hbirds

Yep. And there have been plenty of Maple H'Birds since then!

Is it too expensive? Buy a GC H'BIrd Pro. Or an Epiphone copy.

Sort of silly to think a guitar could have a rosette and fretboard inlays like that and go for the same price as a standard.

Archived