Gibson Brands Forums

Firefox users ?

AXE®

Usually you just have to download the adobe flash player (I think, I know it's a flash player of some kind) and then restart the browser. Should fix it, but I dunno. My standard method of fixing software issues it "randomly **** with it until it works"

edit: I almost forgot that Google has its own browser that you can download for free. It's much faster and much has many convenient options such as the lovely top 9 page, incognito mode, and it's basically standalone. I don't think I've had to download anything for it yet. http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl=en&brand=CHMA&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha

AXE, what the hell is wrong with you? If Bill Gates wanted you to have Firefox, he would have had it installed on your computer already!

I got nothing for you, I installed it on one of my desktop PCs and everything works fine. Guitarest will probably see this post and provide usefull information for you.

I dumped FF months ago. I now use Opera.

Had too many plug-in issues and shut downs.

Opera has less problems, and is much more secure.

I hear that Safari is even better, but I'm happy with Opera for now, and since I've yet to try Safari, I can't recommend it. My son-in-law swears by safari though, and he's a 'puter geek all the way.

Yes I've done all of that...

help/tools/plug ins/ downloads...

I'm so confoooozed.....=P~

It takes a bit to get used to, but it's a lot more secure than IE. Some plugins you should try are Adblock Plus, NoScript (for security), and StumbleUpon (select your own preferences, then hit the stumble button to find a random web page related to one of the interests you checked off). The Downloads thing just helps you keep track of downloads after they're done and while their downloading. The plugins and the browser itself will auto-update (and ask you before if you want to) so you don't fall behind and end up accidentally getting a virus from "certain" websites ;) I've never actually tried Opera, I'm pretty stubborn once I get used to something so I've been using FF for a few years now. Just give yourself a little time.

I get this

Hello' date=' you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. [/quote']

Check to see if JavaScript is deactivated. With browser open click Tools - Options - Content - activate JavaScript. Hey, it might work... Good luck.

Yes I've done all of that...

help/tools/plug ins/ downloads...

I'm so confoooozed.....=D>

I might be that your version of Adobe Flash is too new (huh??!)

Adobe Flash player version 10 is relatively new and is the first with it's version number in double digits.

Flash based movie player check the version number of your plugin to determine if your plugin supports video (plugin version 7 and above).

This check sometimes fails if it only checks a single digit (programmer error ](*)

e.g. if you have version 10 it thinks you have version 1[b']0[/b] and zero is < 7 ..

I found this bug in on of my Flash movie players I coded for a website too (i'm a software/web developer)

So if this is the case the only one who can fix this is the developer of the website your visiting.

To test if this is indeed the problem try to track down an older version (e.g. Flash 9) and install that.

But it could well be something else.

Archived