Gibson Brands Forums

A Little Story For The Smokers

BluesKing777

The Googoogonadarack Genius General in charge somewhere thought to ban smoking in all prisons in Victoria, Australia from July 1st.

It has gone very well:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/metropolitan-remand-centre-back-under-control-after-prison-riot-20150630-gi20jt.html

Meanwhile, if they watch the movies at all, they will know that the head honchos have probably made a runner while the real dopes have just walked to a shop to buy smokes...

BluesKing777.

The Googoogonadarack Genius General in charge somewhere thought to ban smoking in all prisons in Victoria, Australia from July 1st.

It has gone very well:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/metropolitan-remand-centre-back-under-control-after-prison-riot-20150630-gi20jt.html

Meanwhile, if they watch the movies at all, they will know that the head honchos have probably made a runner while the real dopes have just walked to a shop to buy smokes...

BluesKing777.

Yeah, BK, but look at all the money you've saved (spent on guitars, as far as I can tell) by quitting smoking.

Looking at the video, it seems like the "riot" consisted of a small fire and a prisoner riding an office chair across the yard like a skateboard.

If it were in the US, it would be a dozen dead, and the prisoners holding hostages using the guns traded to them by corrections officers in exchange for sex and drugs (and bad paintings, according to the details of our latest big breakout).

I'm not sure you guys have had that many violent outlaws since Ned Kelly.

Yeah, BK, but look at all the money you've saved (spent on guitars, as far as I can tell) by quitting smoking.

Looking at the video, it seems like the "riot" consisted of a small fire and a prisoner riding an office chair across the yard like a skateboard.

If it were in the US, it would be a dozen dead, and the prisoners holding hostages using the guns traded to them by corrections officers in exchange for sex and drugs (and bad paintings, according to the details of our latest big breakout).

I'm not sure you guys have had that many violent outlaws since Ned Kelly.

All true - but if I had known I could stick it through, I should have saved and bought that top vintage...XXXXX instead of careering all over the guitar shop world! [mellow] But then it may not have worked...one big incentive versus a continuous incentive stream!

It was my choice to give up cold turkey - the patches and all that rubbish dont work, but I can not even imagine the prisoners giving up this easily just because some dufus says it is now a smoke free prison system? Not their nature at all. We shall see.

Myself being caught smoking years ago by the managing director where I worked that time and facing up on the matt didn't really encourage me to give up, just be really sneaky getting out of the office....probably would have gone out the 30floor window if I had to....

BluesKing777.

Edit: News to hand - it's on again:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/fresh-fires-at-metropolitan-remand-centre-after-prison-riot-quelled-20150701-gi291g.html

Archived