Gibson Brands Forums

Fleetwood Mac Tonight

IanHenry

Hi,

I'm getting rather excited about going to see Fleetwood Mac at Manchester tonight. I's the first time that I've seen then since the nineties Tango in the Night tour.

Last month they cancelled their Manchester gig (which I couldn't get tickets for) due to illness and never re arranged it. The gig was cancelled at the last minute. People got their money back minus booking fee and some had already spent a fortune on hotels and transport etc. Apparently some had come from as far away as Canada!

I've already been offered silly money for my tickets, people are going crazy for them.

Ian

As Far as Mac goes I like few Stevie songs, and like a lot of the Lindsey songs. Lindsey is an absolutely amazing guitarist. I saw him solo a few years back and he was so damn good. All Fingers, no pick.

Enjoy the show.

Thanks FZ. Yes, Lindsey is unique amongst rock bad guitarists. I've always found it interesting the complete change of direction the band took when Stevie and Lindsey joined, it's like they'd kind of given up looking for a Peter Green replacement and gone for someone completely different, a brave move.

Ian

Thanks FZ. Yes, Lindsey is unique amongst rock bad guitarists. I've always found it interesting the complete change of direction the band took when Stevie and Lindsey joined, it's like they'd kind of given up looking for a Peter Green replacement and gone for someone completely different, a brave move.

Ian

Hi IanHenry, Hope you have a great time enjoying the show [thumbup]

Well, the concert was very interesting to say the least. I think the band should be re-named Lindsey Buckingham's Fleetwood Mac, because he dominated the show and gave the impression that he has a massive ego! Having said that his guitar playing was excellent. I've no idea what his main guitar was, I've never seen one before but it was a very good sounding guitar and sounded very powerful.

Stevie Nicks looked like she was having difficulty walking, being walked onto the stage with Lindsey's arm around her on two occasions and by the time they came on for an encore she looked positively knackered.

A great night, but I doubt I'd watch them again, mainly because of the cost, £125 ($195)plus booking fee.

Ian

Lindseys solo tune "Countdown" from back in the day is one of my favorite all time songs. Love L.B. good to hear him mentioned here, he often gets overlooked. I would have a big ego also if I had his chops;

Archived