Gibson Brands Forums

Another day at the hacienda

Tman

Well Dennis you're clairvoyant, I went into my little work shed and there was big black widow spider. Lots or critters here.

We are having people over tomorrow for the 4th, hopefully no surprises or else I will be making a new strap (or taking a trip to the ER with the Ol Lady). [scared]

Hi Tman, you wife is very brave. I would be too chicken to confront a Rattler. I live in the countryside, and the amount of times I've accidentally come across Adders, have to be really careful especially with our dogs.

Are you going to use the Rattler skin for a strap, that would look really cool. [thumbup]

Hope you have a great 4th July :)

kind regards, Emma :)

I unfortunately don't have the wherewithal to know how to make a strap! What Vanessa and I have found out is that the rattlers are not aggressive unless you get right into their space. Not like the cottonmouth moccasins that I occasionally confronted as a kid in Arkansas. Those are aggressive and will chase you or at least come towards you.

We had a 4th party and this was the only critter excitement (besides bees wanting food) for the whole evening (the big one): IMG_0612_zpshsbws1xq.jpg

They are pretty harmless but it sure made a few people scream. [scared]

Archived