Gibson Brands Forums

Foo Fighters 20th Anniversary Blowout

saturn

My wife and I fell into two tickets to this big event. It's an all day festival with an eclectic lineup. Should be a good time. B)

141106-foo_0_zpsd4rhlqjg.jpg

I was wondering if this show would even go on with Dave's broken leg.

Yeah....I probably jumped the gun on this thread.

My wife thought she was just getting tickets to a Foo Fighters concert. She didn't know it was a huge, all-day festival. I'm getting the feeling she's not wanting to deal with all that. Weather is crappy and looks to be for the rest of the day. Plus parking in DC is bound to be a nightmare, even at the stadium. :-({|=

I'm standing bye for her decision, but I'm expecting we'll be spending July 4th in our own neighborhood. [unsure]

I live in the Hampton Roads area of VA and dread whenever I have to go near DC. The drive goes fine until about 30 miles away from the city then it takes an hour or more to get there. Museums there are cool and free, but driving and getting around there is a nightmare. Enjoy the show if you go. If you have never seen Buddy Guy live get ready for a seasoned guitar player to do his thing.

Well we did end up going, and I'm glad we did. Took the Metro from New Carrolton and it was easy. Did rain some, but it eventually stopped and everyone got to play.

Buddy Guy was very good of course and he had this 16 year old kid with him on stage that really tore it up. Their sound was a little muddy IMO though. Same with Gary Clarke Jr. Joan Jett was great. Heart too.

But Foo Fighters were the headliners and for good reason. They were amazing. Dave kinda played up the whole leg-in-a-cast thing, but it was all in good fun. It's hard to believe they've been around now for 20 years.

Archived