Gibson Brands Forums

What Amps are you playing your Gibson guitar through?

arlum

My Peavey Classic VT Series.

10884692_10152467554146290_169943993_n_zpsb4a2e76c.jpg

Now that takes me back! When I was first learning to play guitar in high school we had one of those for the jazz band. Freakin' loud, clean, and tight as I recall.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that takes me back! When I was first learning to play guitar in high school we had one of those for the jazz band. Freakin' loud, clean, and tight as I recall.

Yes, but even better when I replaced the factory speakers with Peavey Scorpions.

Currently, I am using an Orange Tiny Terror 15W head through a Palmer Box loaded with 2 Celestion Vintage 30, set as clean sound just about to break and I use a Xotic BB preamp for dirty sound sometime coupled with a Maxon od808, sounds perfect as with the Les Paul Custom as with the Strat or the Tele.

My second set up that I am thinking to sell is a Marshall JVM-410 Head, that is really good as well but, 4 channels each with 3 modes, it is useless for my kind of music (blues rock, classic rock) and ... it is 100W

really too much, I 'll have to play at 2 on master volume with it.

I'am relly interrested on this one, the Michael Landau inspired by Fender Hot Rod Deville.

I never had a combo (or the like) and a specific amp to my guitar. My friends scolded me for that sometimes. I hope you will not do so :) . But I always have two good (similar) amps (as usual Hi-Fi), one of them for music and a second just includes special capacitors to get a nice guitar sound. By the way, here I already recommended one preamp for electric guitar, now this is my main guitar preamp that I use. Who can work with a soldering iron, I think, he would be pleased with this preamp for guitar, its circuit at the end of the thread: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/66536-analog-consoles/

I currently own 3 amps.

For big gigs I play through my 100W Carvin Legacy.

LegacyVL212004.jpg

For smaller gigs or jams I use my 30W Roland Blues Cube. And for practice at home I have a little Yamaha THR10.

These threads are always good for someone like me who has 3 okay amps.

I can't handle something that will break my back but I'd love a high quality little amp.

I have :

VOX AC4 (high gain at low volumes)

VOX Pathfinder (because it just seems good to have a garage solid state you can be a kid with...it was free and I sound like a punk totally legit)

Blackheart 3/5 Little Giant (lots of headroom, sounds good to my ears...but not as good as others)

Not the cream by a mile...good to see what you all use.

These threads are always good for someone like me who has 3 okay amps.

I can't handle something that will break my back but I'd love a high quality little amp.

I have :

VOX AC4 (high gain at low volumes)

VOX Pathfinder (because it just seems good to have a garage solid state you can be a kid with...it was free and I sound like a punk totally legit)

Blackheart 3/5 Little Giant (lots of headroom, sounds good to my ears...but not as good as others)

Not the cream by a mile...good to see what you all use.

which is exactly why I just sold my Marshall to my buddy, and am contemplating selling the 2x12 Avatar Cab.

I play completely undistorted and as cleanly as possible. I love the pure unadulterated sounds of a well built warm sounding guitar, so depending on where I am playing I might be using a Roland Blues Cube 'Stage' or a smaller Laney Cub tube combo.

I have a Crate 120 combo that I'll pull out from time to time if the need arises. A distorted Les Paul sounds great through that one.

When I give lessons I tote around a tiny Vox 5 watt solid state amp.

If I expect harsh weather conditions or a particularly rowdy crowd I bring along a nice economical Fender Mustang III

For amplified acoustic work I have a pair of Fishman Loudbox amps. I have the Mini and I have the Performer.

I have a few others as well like a small Fender Tremolo from the mid 70s that makes any Telecaster sound like a zillion bucks, but this is a Gibson page.

For most gigs I use a Genz Benz AC150. Its a 1X12 amp with 150 watts of power when you plug two instruments into it or 75 watts if you only use one side. Usually I play steel and 6 string through it. Great bank of effects and only weighs 23 lbs. For outside gigs or concerts, I use a Fender Hot Rod DeVille. It does a great job. Been using it for 9 years...no complaints. I've sold all my other amps. I still have my 42 yr old GBX Super Bug, but I never use it anymore. Its earned retirement.

Archived