Gibson Brands Forums

Smile When You Call Me That

MorrisrownSal

Well...

I know I should do a soundcloud of my D35, and I came back from the beach intending to record this simple cowboy-esque tune using the Martin...

but... it didnt sound right. The Hummingbird sounds more cowboy, so I switched guitars and redid it...

So here is a Jakob Dylan (Bob's son) tune on the Hummingbird....

https://soundcloud.c...ou-call-me-that

Thanks Em7... and here is the same song with the D35.... I had to push the mic back, and pointed up a tad to catch my voice more than the guitar... the D35 - she's all about that bass. Anyways if one is inclined they can listen to the Bird version, and the D35 version, to hear the difference. Which do I like better? It depends on the day. I cant bring myself to sell one of my guitars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZXOFAI2bA

Just now had a chance to listen.

I can't begin to say if one guitar sounds better than the other- do you really have to chose?

I say you need to play them both regularly for at least a year. If you find over time that you reach for one more than the other for similar purposes (song styles, recording or performing settings), then you'll have an idea about whether you can spare one.

Otherwise, enjoy your bounty- and keep sharing the fruits with us. Win-win.

I need to do a fresh-ear listen again tomorrow to give you an accurate pick. I'm leaning D35 but not overwhelmingly. The reason I write prematurely is to strenuously insist that you keep both guitars. I know you have put certain limits on your collection, but if you have the room --and you seem to have a decent spot there-- I'd put the lid on your collection here. Maybe now it's one in then one goes out. Subject to revision should you find a must-have J45TV.

Both good.Can't really pick one over the other.Didn't know that song but it it very catchy and your voice really suits it. 2 thumbs up [thumbup][thumbup].

As an aside I played a j15? today...the walnut one...wow great sounding Gibson..like the offspring of a J-45 and a D35.

Good song I need to check Jakob Dylan out

As far as the guitars both sound nice, I seem to favor the bird.

I also have a D-35 and a J-45TV. When I play the 45 I say there's not a better sounding guitar,

then I pick up the 35 and love it to. Both great and unique sounds.

Now let's hear the SJ

Archived