Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

Tman5293

I had one of these sent to me for review and was extremely impressed. In my opinion, the strymon BigSky and the Eventide Space Reverb pretty much own / share the top position among reverb pedals. They're both very expensive for stomp boxes but they're both worth their price tags. The voicings available on the Big Sky right out of the box are better as well as the learning curve being the easier of the two models. The Eventide comes back with specific well known Reverbs from Eventide's famed original studio / rack reverbs as well as more presets and being software upgradeable via USB. I personally feel the Eventide has too much going on and demands much more from the average guitar player in the way of time consumption to figure out how to use the pedal as well as figuring out how to get the tastiest reverbs than most players are willing to sacrifice. It's possible the Eventide might have the winning voices on board, but, after spending 4 X as much time with the Eventide as compared to the Big Sky I had yet to find them.

Congratulations on your strymon BigSky Reverb. One of the two best reverb pedals and, all things considered, probably the very best. Working / practicing guitarists only have so much time to pretend to be studio engineers, producers, etc. . When a pedal lessens my time with my axe I tend to feel ..... disfavor. Yep. Good word. Much better than p**sed, scr**ed, f***ed, r**med out, etc. etc. Disfavor. Quite nice.

Tman5293,

Have you had time to get into the head trips of "Cloud", "Chorale" and "Shimmer"? Space cadets line up here. If you're prone to spiritual conversion check with your current spiritual leader before exposing yourself to these options.

arlum

I had one of these sent to me for review and was extremely impressed. In my opinion, the strymon BigSky and the Eventide Space Reverb pretty much own / share the top position among reverb pedals. They're both very expensive for stomp boxes but they're both worth their price tags. The voicings available on the Big Sky right out of the box are better as well as the learning curve being the easier of the two models. The Eventide comes back with specific well known Reverbs from Eventide's famed original studio / rack reverbs as well as more presets and being software upgradeable via USB. I personally feel the Eventide has too much going on and demands much more from the average guitar player in the way of time consumption to figure out how to use the pedal as well as figuring out how to get the tastiest reverbs than most players are willing to sacrifice. It's possible the Eventide might have the winning voices on board, but, after spending 4 X as much time with the Eventide as compared to the Big Sky I had yet to find them.

Congratulations on your strymon BigSky Reverb. One of the two best reverb pedals and, all things considered, probably the very best. Working / practicing guitarists only have so much time to pretend to be studio engineers, producers, etc. . When a pedal lessens my time with my axe I tend to feel ..... disfavor. Yep. Good word. Much better than p**sed, scr**ed, f***ed, r**med out, etc. etc. Disfavor. Quite nice.

Tman5293,

Have you had time to get into the head trips of "Cloud", "Chorale" and "Shimmer"? Space cadets line up here. If you're prone to spiritual conversion check with your current spiritual leader before exposing yourself to these options.

arlum

I have messed around with all of the reverb machines already. Can't really choose a favorite but the ones you listed do have a very futuristic space sound to them.

I wasn't around in the 60s. I wasn't around in the 70s or 80s either. msp_biggrin.gif

My lawn is older than you, so, you know, get off it. And don't go over 25 on yer way out, this is a neighborhood chief.

rct

Hi Tman5293, congrats with the Strymon [thumbup]. Hope you have lots of fun experimenting with all the different types of reverb. :) Beautiful soundscapes to be had, I'm a big fan of reverb too. :)

Do you use a volume pedal with the Strymon? As I want to get one, but not sure which one to get. Didn't realise there are so many to choose from. :-k

kind regards, Emma :)

Hi Tman5293, congrats with the Strymon [thumbup]. Hope you have lots of fun experimenting with all the different types of reverb. :) Beautiful soundscapes to be had, I'm a big fan of reverb too. :)

Do you use a volume pedal with the Strymon? As I want to get one, but not sure which one to get. Didn't realise there are so many to choose from. :-k

I have a BOSS FV-500H on the way to use as an expression pedal for the BigSky. I've seen a few demos of it used with an expression pedal and I had to get one. The BigSky already has amazing capabilities on its own but adding the expression pedal unlocks even more sound possibilities.

I have a BOSS FV-500H on the way to use as an expression pedal for the BigSky. I've seen a few demos of it used with an expression pedal and I had to get one. The BigSky already has amazing capabilities on its own but adding the expression pedal unlocks even more sound possibilities.

Hi Tman5293, I've been looking at Jim Dunlop, BOSS, Morley and Ernie Ball. I recently got a Digitech Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Reverb, one of the modes is Shimmer, great for volume swells. :) Yeah definately great for achieving expansive space layers [thumbup] .

Archived