Gibson Brands Forums

I blame several people on here....

NHTom

I should write a list of all the bad GAS influences on here...........this is YOUR fault.......at least that's how I'm telling the story.

This has been a "bucket list" guitar for me for a long long time. Went to my favorite shop to look at a Burton Tele (which was awesome) and there she was.........just hanging there waiting for me.......I've looked locally for a while and just never found the right one........and there she was.

101_0812_zpsbpitpo6q.jpg

Great neck, very light, and oh yeah.......it's got nibs.......lol.

NHTom

SWEEEET!!! (what year is she?)

I have a faded one of those (no binding)... LOVE the neck shape and the way it feels and the P90s.. Just everything is right with these guitars (best design ever (IMO of course) [thumbup]

Of all my guitars its the one that seems to be the favourite of my guitar playing friends who come over...

Ive never tried a DC Standard but would love to one day.

Rabs, it's a 1997

Splake, I agree.....when I get it in my head that I want something, it tends to eat at me. But I knew this was going to be a special one. Looked at a few that I honestly would have been OK with, but it just didn't work out.....no money at the time, sold a day before I got there, etc..........the fact that I had sort of given up on one for a while and was looking at something totally different and there it was, just speaks volumes about how I need to learn to be patient.

NHTom

WHOA! Yes!! P90 goodness, double cut...and "Hey...CHA-LY! LOOKIT THE NIBS ON THAT ONE!!!"

You may have had gas, but 'good things come to those who wait'! Oh man what a beaut! Full report requested!

Brian

PS- gotta add; in my world, the proximity of the pup selector to the vol / tone pots is EXACTLY where it should be! [thumbup]

I should write a list of all the bad GAS influences on here...........this is YOUR fault.......at least that's how I'm telling the story.

This has been a "bucket list" guitar for me for a long long time. Went to my favorite shop to look at a Burton Tele (which was awesome) and there she was.........just hanging there waiting for me.......I've looked locally for a while and just never found the right one........and there she was.

101_0812_zpsbpitpo6q.jpg

Great neck, very light, and oh yeah.......it's got nibs.......lol.

NHTom

Beautiful score! Gibson Heritage Cherry is one of my favorite Gibson finishes! And I'm pretty sure I'm not one of the people that you blame for giving you G.A.S. here. [wink]

Beautiful score! Gibson Heritage Cherry is one of my favorite Gibson finishes! And I'm pretty sure I'm not one of the people that you blame for giving you G.A.S. here. [wink]

Oh No...........you're innocent........ :^o

NHTom

Archived