Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio faded vintage mahogany

MarlleyB

I had a cherry '07 Studio VM. It came stock with BB Pros. MI USA, rockin' guitar.

I gave $500 for mine used 2 years ago. Played it for a year, then got my 5 bills back. The only reason I got rid of it was to get a maple capped LP, as I already had a solid mahogany.

My '07 faded Studio had BB Pros and a 50s neck. Excellent guitar IMO! I love the BB Pro pups! I got rid of it because I can only afford one electric at this time and really wanted a gloss finish / maple capped Studio. Otherwise that bad boy would still be in my home!

Brian

I tried the vintage mahogany les paul studio at guitar center and they sounded better than the normal les paul studios with 498/490 pickups. theyre about 700 bucks on ebay but i'm not sure if its wise to buy one. lol.

I tried the vintage mahogany les paul studio at guitar center and they sounded better than the normal les paul studios with 498/490 pickups. theyre about 700 bucks on ebay but i'm not sure if its wise to buy one. lol.

Why isn't it wise? I myself would prefer the Maple top too. If pups are a prob just switch them out. I have seen a Mahogany Studio with a nice natural finish. It looked good. Mahogany has a nice grain. Some times I think it's a shame to paint over it.

Why isn't it wise? I myself would prefer the Maple top too. If pups are a prob just switch them out. I have seen a Mahogany Studio with a nice natural finish. It looked good. Mahogany has a nice grain. Some times I think it's a shame to paint over it.

It's the lowest priced gibson les paul in the line, that's why its not wise to buy it. that's the way i think at least.

It's the lowest priced gibson les paul in the line, that's why its not wise to buy it. that's the way i think at least.

No, they aren't, by far.

Studios are, - basically - cosmetically stripped down Standards1. No binding, that's all. Absolutely OK to buy them. The best value for money guitars within the Les Paul range.

1Depending on model year.

Cheers... Bence

Archived