Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom Lite

Junior Jr III

I'm curious about the Lite model as compared to the regular Custom or even the Standard. Any players have some feedback for me? They seem to be a fairly priced LP, at least in my range. Also,can someone explain the controls; three speed knobs and a switch? Is that a kill switch?

Last thing, is it 'lite' as in light weight?

Thanks.

I'm curious about the Lite model as compared to the regular Custom or even the Standard. Any players have some feedback for me? They seem to be a fairly priced LP, at least in my range. Also,can someone explain the controls; three speed knobs and a switch? Is that a kill switch?

Last thing, is it 'lite' as in light weight?

Thanks.

Lite in weight, Thinner body..

The switch is a coil tap..

The guitar has one tone & two volume controls

I had one back in 1988 with Ebony fretboard, Best $400 I ever spent.

The 2014s started out around $1400 & the price has increased steadily ever since, But still very well priced for what they are.. The Newer ones don't have diamond inlay on the headstock, They have the crown JFYI, I've seen them in white as of late..

The Les Paul (Less + or Less Plus) is the same thickness body with rear contour

2014 Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite

LPLite_zpsd89af7ae.jpg

RARE!! 1988 Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite Lefty As Presented to Paul McCartney By Les Paul

8ec84256f6d1e91353dab24d17c19028.jpg

Thanks for the info, Headknocker. Cool picture of LP and PM. Especially the close up of the bound headstock. I've always liked that look.

I thought that I'd finally reached the end of my guitar buying but here I am without a Les Paul and it will probably eat at me til I get one. And if I can put together the money, why not a custom? (of some sort)

Archived