Gibson Brands Forums

Holy Cow...Epiphone Les Paul Custom!

cliffenstein

I was in Guitar Center today and I picked up a new Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst. I'm not a Silverburst fan, per se, I was just checking it out to see how far along Epiphone has come in recent years.

They have REALLY moved the bar!!!! This guitar was flawless...there was literally nothing not to like about it. It felt solid, it looked beautiful (even the dog eared Epiphone electric headstock design I've loathed over the years looked great with the full 5 layer binding) and had nice low action and fantastic playability.

I literally see no reason to buy a Gibson over an Epiphone custom.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Guitar Center today and I picked up a new Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst. I'm not a Silverburst fan, per se, I was just checking it out to see how far along Epiphone has come in recent years.

They have REALLY moved the bar!!!! This guitar was flawless...there was literally nothing not to like about it. It felt solid, it looked beautiful (even the dog eared Epiphone electric headstock design I've loathed over the years looked great with the full 5 layer binding) and had nice low action and fantastic playability.

I literally see no reason to buy a Gibson over an Epiphone custom.

Congrats on the silverburst. I have the same guitar in Pelham Blue. I am slightly disappointed in the fact that the silverburst I played at the guitar center had a phase reversal switch and mine doesn't. I emailed epiphone and they said that isn't the normal spec on the LE custom Pro but some guitars were shipped out with the feature and others were not. It's standard on the regular Custom Pro's with the gold hardware. Hope you are enjoying your Epi CP. I am taking mine in to have a professional set up.

It's been a long time since I've been on here but I guess it was good timing. I picked up an Epi Silverburst LP Custom too. It's killer! I love the way it plays. Be sure to post some pics if you can. We all love to see new guitars! I'll post one of mine later if you would like. Congrats

Archived