Gibson Brands Forums

LP Studio 2008 faded, true or fake ??

Alama

Hi, I just completely stripped a Les Paul Studio 2008. Despite all the controls points mentioned above, found some strange things !! The head is constructed with two pieces of wood added to each side. Unless it's for a question to the grain position .. ??Another thing I find strange, I do not see any significant difference between the body and the table .. However, it seems that there is indeed a table bonded to the body. (see pictures) But, Before that the preview owner will repaint in blue, I think of origin, it was a faded brown. Looks like she is again a bit like origine..For the rest, everything seems to be mahogany .. The Gibson pickups are true ..I'm not sure, but I'm afraid this is a copy, certe, good but copy anyway .. what do you think?Thanks.post-73068-040971400 1436998064_thumb.jpg

I seriously doubt anybody would fake a Les Paul Studio.

Too much effort for too little cash reward.

It would be like making a counterfeit five-dollar bill.

If somebody's going to make a fake, it'll be a high-dollar fake.

Just my opinion.

Those wings on the headstock are totally normal..

Its much more efficient way to use the wood... If you used a 1 piece the whole neck blank would be huge and most of it would get wasted...

Check this vid at 4:10

Verry thanks Rabs, Indeed, this video shows that this head is normal !! history. As to why they do that, I have not quite understand ..

I added still more photos taken yesterday late afternoon .. I think if we do not separate well the table of the body, it's probably because the guitar was dyed brown and the stain is deep .. the best for me is not to try to find the color of natural wood (though I would have liked) but rather the paint .. in this case, I think in gloss black like an ebony model.

Pictures LP Studio 2008 Striped

It has the side pieces of wood Gibson headstocks have. Looks like someone sanded it or it is a bad picture.

I just striped ! I hoped to find the color of natural wood, but this is not the case .. By cons, so this is a realGibson, that's something .. :) If I can not find a natural wood I will make it a high-gloss black beauty studio with 2K varnish

Archived