Gibson Brands Forums

I'm On Fire

MorrisrownSal

Second thoughts on this tool... I will try it again when I have time, and tone down the reverb, and bring up the harmony vocals, and see how that sounds. If I figure out how to use presets, and make this as plug and play as it can be, then it might be a nice tool for me playing out alone without my trio. I'll report back. Thanks fellas.

Sounds fairly believable. Don't know if your mic is picking up unprocessed vocals in the room first (sounds good this way), but you've got the TC Helicon back in the mix... it doesn't stand out too much. I had TC Helicon's stomp box version of this, the Harmony Singer; had to return it. Beautiful harmonies when it was behaving, but when it followed the wrong note, or was "searching", there's nothing as queasy-sounding as a missed harmony line. They could be a useful tool in working out some more technical harmonies to be done later with actual humans.

Well, the last thing I want is that. I basically want to sound better when I play out without my trio. Searching, no thanks. I have a lot to learn with this thing but it has to be easy or I can't do it. And it has to do what I think its gonna do. But I was thinklng on a song like this or Tequila Sunrise it might be good.

Yeah , same here , couldn't really hear what the machine was doing , little bit at the end .

Always a gamble with these gadgets that it doesn't end up cheesey .

A friend has one , it's a good tool when used well.

Nice song choice too.

Good ol brucie

I like that mic stand !

Ive been using this tool a bit, had it for a few years. I dont use the harmoniser as i find it quite fake, but i do like a lot the 'tone' feature which i find can really add to the overall quality of the vocal tone coming out, sort of beefs it up and gives it more definition. It also doesnt detract from the natural voice, i think is the key feature of the unit.

Archived