Gibson Brands Forums

Another Mass Shooting..

RevDavidLee

I don't care. I don't care. As long as it isn't my family or friends I just don't give a crap anymore, shoot the place up, I just don't care. They have won, they can keep their guns and just keep shooting the place up, I just don't care anymore.

rct

As much as I hate to say it, the news barely registered with me. I guess I've just become so used to crazies with their shootings and beheadings and suicide bombings and all of the rest of it.

I hate to say it, but , we all seem to be getting numb to this insane bombardment of news....I am sick of all these foreign names infiltrating into our daily news dialog... I long for the 50's and the "cold war"...something that we as citizens could 'digest' more readily.

We are screwed. Thank God I am near "the end" and can remember better times. [bored]....like....when Bruce Jenner was still a man.

I mean 'really'????? Do we have to have that 'transmo' in our face every time we turn on the TV or internet....and NO, I am not 'phobic'.....just really don't give a damn [scared]....

Oh yeah....I have some really nice vintage Gibsons....9 or 10...if anyone wants to talk about them....just reach out to me [thumbup]

We are screwed. Thank God I am near "the end" and can remember better times. [bored]....like....when Bruce Jenner was still a man.

I mean 'really'????? Do we have to have that 'transmo' in our face every time we turn on the TV or internet....and NO, I am not 'phobic'.....just really don't give a damn [scared]

He kept his wiener ya know [omg]

It is a dark and insane world. I live here in Chattanooga. A mid size southern city that has seen a horrible change in the last 5 years from one of beauty and polite people to one of increased gang activity and now mass shootings.

I feel bad that this happened in your city. This will be a heavy weight for a long time for you folks there. My Dad was a Marine in WWII & the Korean war as well. I'm glad he's not alive to hear of this kind of thing as it would have made him crazy. Our soldiers are supposed to be out of harms way when they get stateside.. [unsure]

I feel bad that this happened in your city.

So low, so low, how low can they go?

There. Song lyrics for our times.

But most people's towns have their atrocities at some time or another... not to diminish the atrociousness of this one. But today's speed of light media don't let you miss 'em. Taking in the news is like importing stress into your life. Playing guitar is the opposite. B)

Lizzy Borden wasn't a radical Muslim.

The mobsters in Chicago back then were not radical Muslims.

It's not a fair comparison, Californiaman.

Today's killer, Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez, was born in Kuwait in 1990 around the time of the first Gulf War.

He was later raised in Tennessee.

Is there ANY CHANCE HE WILL BE FOUND TO HAVE BEEN A RADICAL MUSLIM?

Maybe.

I'm just saying....... [blink]

Islam is here. We have one in the white house. Why are you surprised at this? What did you think would happen letting Muslims come here by the hundreds of thousands? This is only the beginning. These people do this in their own countries against their own women and children.

Hmm... not sure if that's satire or if you're just stupid.

So you are saying you didn't realize Muslims that came to America would not do what we saw today? yet you say I am stupid. That's an illogical statement you made. It looks to me like you were pretending this would not happen. Pretending is not exactly what most people would call understanding reality.

There is a line in Lawrence Of Arabia by Peter Otoole to Omar Shariff: "As long as you continue to fight tribe against tribe you will be known as a little people; a silly people: greedy, barbarous and cruel."

I am signed up to comment on CBS as 'me' and NBC as TopJimmy. I've learned much about internet commentary, the approaches people take, trolling, instigating, etc. My kids read Reddit... and sometimes I read YouTube.

But here on Gibson, I am being more 'myself' and surrounded by like minders. Music is a hard discussion to have with everyday folk, the mathematics behind the music are of little interest to listeners.

And yet here we are. With all due respect, differing opinions are a foundational concept. Few opinions are better than another, just different. Tolerance of another's differing opinions, another foundational concept.

Regardless, my utmost condolences to our Marines families who are heart broken today. I hear my child's laughter coming from the other room and it warms my heart. I can't imagine how it feels lose that.

So you are saying you didn't realize Muslims that came to America would not do what we saw today? yet you say I am stupid. That's an illogical statement you made. It looks to me like you were pretending this would not happen. Pretending is not exactly what most people would call understanding reality.

There is a line in Lawrence Of Arabia by Peter Otoole to Omar Shariff: "As long as you continue to fight tribe against tribe you will be known as a little people; a silly people: greedy, barbarous and cruel."

Crikey, you're a daft one. I can't wait to hear what ridiculous statement you extrapolate from that!

The very devices that allow us to enjoy each other's company on this website allows deranged nut jobs to influence each other, communicate, plan. ISIS and other negative influences like the KKK can manipulate and encourage acts of violence. Radical Islamist have been encouraging lone wolf attacks both here in the U.S. and in Europe, we have seen several such attacks in France, on the beach in Tunisia, across the Middle East in Canada. We had better start understanding that this is not about gun control, these attacks were not drive by random street punk crap like we see everyday in Detroit and Chicago or LA. This is a global attack on all free thought all liberal western ideals, which by the way is where the protections of the 2nd amendment came from. The most liberal concept in the history of western civilization was to allow the common man the power to protect themselves. The terrorist behind these attacks would like nothing better then to see us disarm ourselves.A little history lesson may help,

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9RABZq5IoaQ?feature=player_embedded

We become easily conquered when we become easily divided.

When we CHOOSE to divide ourselves by branding ourselves into one of two insultingly-trite, tribal, warring clans (liberals and conservatives, for instance) we are already well on our way to a societal destruction.

I myself am a non-partisan, independent free-thinker.

A long time moderator of a variety of other web forums.

In my observation, this topic is simply grist for the 'culture of animosity' mill of the day.

Drop it into the mix, and watch people line up on either side of the figurative gymnasium floor, and start hurling figurative dodge balls at each other.

I wish it were different, but it is what it is, I guess.

Just as nature abhors a vacuum, modern man lives for the fight, and feels the need to choose sides (and then squawk the Party talking points).

Was the Chattanooga shooter a radicalized Muslim?

Yes.

That much is clear already.

Did he kill out of some sense of duty to Allah?

Very likely.

Almost certainly.

Did he have a mental defect and/or was he over-medicated?

My prediction is yes and yes.

Will thousands make excuses for him, dismiss all notions of his chosen faith, and try to minimize this entire affair as a simple case of 'workplace violence'?

There's not a doubt in my independent mind.

Islam is here. We have one in the white house. Why are you surprised at this? What did you think would happen letting Muslims come here by the hundreds of thousands? This is only the beginning. These people do this in their own countries against their own women and children.

Politics, religion, lies and xenophobia all in one succinct post. Nice job Hoss. Like they say around here when they don't like you, "Where are you from?"

The military not being armed on military property is a REALLY bad idea now.

There is a loophole that will allow them to arm themselves TODAY but we'll see if this administration will allow it.

This is indeed a war against US. Only a moron would not get it.

Stay sharp.

Archived