Gibson Brands Forums

Sad day

Guitar God

Not how I wanted my day to start. Got up a little over an hour ago at 12:15 and found my Bearded Dragon, Gator, had died. Hasn't been doing, acting, and eating good for the past week. Tried everything to get the little guy better. Took Gator to the vet yesterday and got a vitamin shot to see if it would help, but has not. This sucks. [crying] R.I.P. Gator.

7i0tp4b.jpg

Sorry to hear about you losing Gator.

People who really care about their pets get very attached to them.

Does not matter if it's a dog, cat, horse or even lizard.

RIP. "Gator"

By the way cool name, "Gator"

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a pet is a horrible thing that non pet owners never quite grasp. It might seem silly to put the loss of a pet on par with the loss of a family member but it's not. It's a reflection of how much they meant to you.

Always spoil them and love them unconditionally just like they do to you, and when the inevitable day comes, you can rest assured you gave them the best life they could get.

Sorry to hear you lost your pet… My vet here in Valencia specializes in reptiles, wish I had known you were having problems. I would have been glad to ask my Vet/friend if he had any ideas…

Thanks! I'm still crushed by it. Thanks for that, too, but I honestly didn't think to post about it on here. Wasn't acting or eating right for the past week or so. Called Petsmart and got told a bunch of different things. Tried everything to get Gator better. Took Gator to the vet yesterday and there is a doctor there that does reptiles and gave him/her a vitamin shot to see if it would help and it didn't. Just got worse and I woke up today and Gator had died. [crying] Got Gator back on May 31st and was told that he/she was 5 months old, so Gator was only 6 1/2 months old and was still too young to tell if Gator was a boy or girl.

That sucks. From my own experience, if the adults were getting on in years the offspring would sometimes just keel over for no apparent reason.

If you get another one (or two), mix the Mineral-I in with water, shake it up real good, suck it up with an eye dropper and put the drops on the end of the snout. They'll lap it right up and it kept my adults alive and breeding for over a decade.

http://www.stickyton...chk=1&Itemid=81

Works real well sprinkled on my tortoise food, too.

Archived