Gibson Brands Forums

Drone with a gun

Dennis G

I think I heard on the local news that he is an electronic engineer student at Central and it was fired on the family's property in Clinton. The father had an altercation last year at Hammonasset beach over a drone.

anyone with some knowledge can do that and if you use your imagination you can expand.

very scary...at least it is on the radar now....

Next science project... drones with an i.e.d. on it.

My old man hates these things. Says that it won't be long 'till someone sends a bunch of them into a major sporting event armed with explosives. That's what my 75-year-old dad says. Sadly, he may be right. Leave it mankind to sink to such a level.

Someone is always taking an invention like this and turning it into something meant for harm.

Depravity of the human condition. That's why dear old dad thinks all drones should be outlawed. He doesn't care if you're a realtor trying to sell a property or a surveyor trying to do your job. It's a drone. It's bad. But that's dad's opinion. I guess he's entitled to it.

My old man hates these things. Says that it won't be long 'till someone sends a bunch of them into a major sporting event armed with explosives. That's what my 75-year-old dad says. Sadly, he may be right. Leave it mankind to sink to such a level.

Someone is always taking an invention like this and turning it into something meant for harm.

Depravity of the human condition. That's why dear old dad thinks all drones should be outlawed. He doesn't care if you're a realtor trying to sell a property or a surveyor trying to do your job. It's a drone. It's bad. But that's dad's opinion. I guess he's entitled to it.

Your Dad's not that far off. What we need is legislation that's keeping up with the times. Oh wait, that's Congress I'm talking about...

I'm equally concerned about lasers shining into airline pilots' eyes and drones running into passenger aircraft. There also was a law enforcement complaint that fighting a recent wildfire in California was delayed due to drones...

As for ied added to drones, that's an idea dating back to remote controlled cars and RC airplanes.

I don't think laws on such changes in personally available technology does much good when society itself lacks constraints taught from a very early age - and current culture does a poor job of a non-political version of the old multi-cultural concepts of not doing selfishly what might harm others.

Add the nasties who use micro cams in rest rooms and...

Tech, whether a toy or a firearm, is no better than the morality and consideration of consequences of the user.

m

Your Dad is a smart man.. [thumbup]

I hate drones!

Private drones hampered firefighters battling a raging wildfire in California Friday that swept over an interstate and torched 20 vehicles, fire officials said.

Five drones were flying over the wildfire dubbed the North Fire Friday, and their presence caused firefighting aircraft to leave the area for about 20 minutes, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection said Saturday.

"We do believe that this affects our firefighting operations. It was very windy yesterday, and any time air operations are halted that affects our ability to put out these fires," Janet Upton, a spokeswoman for the department, said in a statement to NBC News.

Three of the five drones left the area right away, but two drones interfered with firefighting operations, U.S. Forest Service spokesman John Miller said.

http://www.nbcnews.c...freeway-n394516

Archived