Gibson Brands Forums

1984 Gibson SG Standard...

jimmiJAMM

This ad says' date=' "ALL ORIGINAL" but those knobs don't look original to me. Also, that seems like a very low price for such a piece. Anyone?

[/quote']

hey man!! i dont think that the neck pickup should be that close to the neck either to be honest. fake maybe?

hey man!! i dont think that the neck pickup should be that close either to be honest. fake maybe?

That is how they made them starting in the early 70s after the Norlin take over. It is not suppose to be a '61 reissue. I believe the did come with those black speed knobs as well.

That is how they made them starting in the early 70s after the Norlin take over. It is not suppose to be a '61 reissue. I believe the did come with those black speed knobs as well.

well sorry guys i thought that there was a gap in all the gibsons between the neck and neck pickup but oh well

I don´t know what´s the regular price in the U.S.A.. So I can´t say anything about that. But in case you intend to buy it, you should be able to see it before. If you like it - good. I´ve got a 79 The SG, which was the cheapo version in those days and I like it. My Les Paul (avatar) is a 1985 and also good. They´re both with me for over 20 years. I played a lot of different Gibsons back in the 80s and I couldn´t say that they were worse than nowadays. But my personal experience is that they are all different. So to me it´s very important to see and play a guitar before buying.

Greetings

Kurt

And, who's "brilliant" idea was it to put the selector switch, down there?!!! LOL!!!!

Oops, sorry...editorial statement, there. ;>) It looks to be in pretty good shape,

for that year. And, although I do own 2 LP's that are "Norlin era" and (luckily) are great, by the way...

those are just not my favorite SG years...or Gibson years, for that matter.

But, that guitar might be just fine?!!

CB

Archived