Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thebluesdoctor

firebirds

It's great to see that Epi has at least got a new Firebird (http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Designer/Ltd-Ed-Joe-Bonamassa-Treasure-Firebird-I.aspx), but it's just a damn shame that it's a Firbird 1 and is a JB signature model. I know that I will be treated with derision here, but I find JB to be rather fake. I always get wound up by middle class white boys playing the blues, and yes they are playing at it, not livng it! For a true (Epiphone playing) modern blues man, try Gary Clarke Jr.

Sorry about that side alley there, I do really hope this sells well and encourages Epi to put out another model with 2 pickups in, hell why not do an Allen Collins model with a dog ear P90 in the bridge and the bridge mini 'bucker moved to the neck.

Epiphone Firebird I Bonamassa

Epiphone%20Firebird%20I%20Bonamassa%2001_zpsmfrgxaci.jpg

Epiphone%20Firebird%20I%20Bonamassa%2003_zpsatrgzbjh.jpg

I don't care about Bonamassa (don't hate him though) but I've been mad about the Firebird 1 since the Stills or Clapton days. This is a great sounding one, the pickup is actually much closer to a real Firebird pickup (NOT a mini hum!) than the ones Gibson uses on his modern Firebirds (I have a 2016 one, great guitar but those pickups sounds closer to Deluxe mini hums than Firebird pickups). A really decent repro at a very fair price.