Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
turtle

Es335 just not gelling with it

Hey guys. Just traded a les paul 1998 classic goldtop for a 2009 Es 335 cherry. Guy actually bought it in may 2015 from a dealer New nos. He has another LP and decided he needs a back up over an Es guitar. He spent good $$ for it and we did an even swap. Not knowing too much about Es guitars but always wanted one I accepted especially knowing I would make my $$ back better on this deal. It is a great guitar but Im just not feeling it. Is there anything you guys can tell me about them that would help me get the most out of it? Also, any advise on if I should try to get the old guitar back? Or, finally do I sell it on my own or trade it? It's mint and I have receipt with date. I can call gibson to register as I would be the original owner. I don't know what to do :(. Thanks for your help. I know from looking online I at least increased my value in the trade bi I'm a player, not a dealer. I want something to inspire me and nice to play. I'm not looking to make $$ or anything like that. Cheers

I am definitely interested, I'm a beginning blues player and think Memphis ES is the tone I want. Would you consider a Strat in a trade plus cash?